Transfer | Teen Ink

Transfer

October 26, 2015
By AJKomorowski BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
More by this author
AJKomorowski BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

This piece I would like to revise and make it better. This piece I really liked and was inspired by many Sci-fi stories. I hope that people will like this sotry and give me helpful feedback and comments. 

In the country of North America, now known as Titania, certain groups of people own each part of the country. They are called factions. They all believe in certain things and ideas. There are the Imperials, Republicans, Silverhounds, Peacemakers, and the Arbiters. The Imperials, followers of greed and money making. Usually, people in this faction are businessmen or merchants. The Republicans believe in loyalty, trust, and honor. They control the military and security of Titania. The Silverhounds are thirsty for knowledge and technology. They are either scientists or teachers. Peacemakers are the peaceful faction. They are the Police, Doctors, and Firemen. The Arbiters are the oldest and most respected faction. They control the government and the laws that are created. All five help each other and need each other to survive. When teenagers turn into adults, they must take the Faction Initiation Test (FIT), to decide what faction they are in and what job they will do. Alexander is an Arbiter, His parents in high government positions. Being 18, Alexander is ready for the Faction Initiation Test , he also graduated from his high school with his girlfriend, Lydia, also 18. Lydia is an Imperial, her father is a traveling-merchant, her mother a business owner. Both of them love each other and want to marry each other, but the law stops that. Both of them want to be Imperials that they can see each other everyday. When tensions rise between factions, Alexander and Lydia become involved and they might not see each other, but first, Alexander and Lydia must pass the FIT.

Alexander
Faction: Arbiter
I woke up to the sound of the breakfast bell. My family was known for using a bell to wake everyone up. Sometimes it was annoying, sometime is was wonderful to know that food would be in front of your face in about five minutes.
“C’mon Alex, buddy. Time to wake up!” Grant said running by my bed. Grant was my little brother. About 7 years old, short, brown bowl-cut hair, brown eyes, and very energetic. He was so fun to be around. I finally decided to get up out of my nice and comfortable bed and change into my Arbiter attire. So boring. Black with a picture of a sword on the back of the jacket. I put my black shirt on, black pants, boots and the black jacket. I stood back up and entered the dining hall.
“Well good morning, sunshine.” Grandpa Will said, sitting in a wooden chair by the black table.
“Good morning, sir.” I reply. I stood tall and gave him a short bow. As Arbiters, we respect our elders, even if they are one year older than us. Grandpa Will was a hero. He was the person who created the factions. There was a riot that ended the North American Government. Grandpa Will was in that Government and halted the riot from getting worse. He created the five factions with his other Republican colleagues. The rest of the officials were killed for not creating the factions. Only five officials are alive and they are the leaders and representatives of the factions. We call these families, Leader Families. I sat between Grandpa Will and Grant. On the other side of the table was my mother, and
Lorie, my sister.
My father walked in the dining hall with a metal tray of waffles. He set the tray in the middle of the table and he walked over to his spot between my mother and Lorie.
“Dig in.” My dad said and everyone either grabbed their fork to stab a waffle or use their grubby hands and picked their waffle up. I picked up my fork and grabbed one for myself. I also got out of my chair and went to the fridge. I opened the door and felt a burst of coldness hit me. I opened the top drawer and grabbed a red apple. My favorite. I used to have these everyday to keep me healthy for my sports, like rugby. I shut the fridge and sat back down. By the time I sat back in my seat, I had the syrup and butter on my plate. I grabbed the butter knife and spreader butter all over my waffle, adding syrup and taking a huge bite. Everyone else was talking about how they slept, how school is going, or how breakfast is, me, I’m worrying about the FIT. What faction am I? An Imperial? Republican? Silverhound? Peacemaker? or my home faction, an Arbiter? I am greedy, but do I really see myself being a business owner or a merchant? I always wanted to protect something or someone so a Republican may be a good choice. I also hate school and science so a Silverhound is not for me. Peacemaker, I don’t see myself saving lives. Arbiter may be another choice, but I don’t want to make bad decisions and ruin my political status. So I guess its Republican or Arbiter. After breakfast was over, I got up and tried to find my twin, Damian. He is also 18 and he takes the FIT today as well. I caught up to him as he was exiting our house.
“Hey Alex, lets go! The FIT won’t take long anyway!” Damian said opening the front door.
“Yeah, I know.” I reply back. Damian and I leave and so is about every other 18-year-old Arbiter. We start walking to the bus that will take the Arbiters to the Helix Centre. The Helix Centre is in the middle of titania and its a monument to the five government officials who created the factions. In dead center, there is a stage for the FIN, and all around the FIT Stage is five buildings for each faction. Each building has two one way in the FIT Stage and one way out of the Helix Centre. The two ways in close after every 18-year-old is enclosed in the FIT Stage. The one way out is to burn your old faction clothes and acquire new ones and earn a job.
“So what faction will you be picking?” Damian asks. I barely think.
“I think I’ll stay in Arbiter. Lydia might say something against it but…”
“Yeah, Lydia will make an influence on your choice.” The thought of Damian saying that makes me rethink what I just said. Lydia wanted me to join the Imperials. I wanted Arbiter or Republican. I’ll have to tell Lydia. Me and Damian walk down our street and enter the third Arbiter bus and we head to the Helix Centre.

Lydia

Faction: Imperial

10 minutes till the FIT starts. Earlier, my boyfriend Alexander came up to me and told me his plan. I now know what faction to choose. After many of my friends wave and giggle at Alexander across the Stage, the FIT started, and the five faction leaders take the center of the FIT Stage.
“Good morning, all young adults!” Senior Matthews said. He is the Imperial representative.
“Today is an important day for all of you. Today you decide where your loyalties lie.” General Kurt says, the Titanian Military General, and Republican representative.
“The next step of your life starts now.” President Will says. Alex’s grandfather and Arbiter representative.
“In front of all five of us and you, are five bowls. Filled with something that represents the faction.” Lead Peacemaker Smith says, the Peacemaker leader.
“When your representative calls your name. You will stand up, come up the stage, grab the knife, and make a slight cut on your wrist and drop your blood into the bowl of the faction you choose, money for Imperial, metal for Republican, paper for Arbiter, water for Peacemaker, and wood for Silverhound.” Professor Anderson says. President Will steps forward.
“Alexander Bailey.” My boyfriend is first! Oh god! I’m sweating is my seat. He better follow our plan.  Alexander stood up tall and straight and walked to the middle of The Stage. He grabbed the knife and hovered over the Arbiter bowl. Then he slit his wrist. President Bailey got all giddy and excited when his grandson was about to choose his born faction. Then, Alexander quickly switched to the Republican bowl and the blood dropped. His grandfather’s cane dropped. Everyone gasped, even me, but its all part of the plan. Then Senior Matthews stepped forward with his first choice.
“Lydia McKinley.” My turn. I get up, without hesitation, but still sweating, got up onto The Stage and grabbed the knife, slit my wrist and the blood fell into the Republican bowl. Our plan was complete. We will both join a faction together and live together. Then everyone gasped. Alexander and I got up and headed toward the Republican Transfer building. We held hands and went inside. Once inside, it was all white and plain. A guard approached us and said,
“Please change into our initiation transfer uniforms and throw you old faction clothes into the fire pit.” The guard was wearing all silver, including the helmet, but with a black visor. Alexander and I did what we were told, took off our old clothes and put on the new Republican uniforms. Alexander and I walked out of the building and heard an uproar in the crowd.
“Already, we have two transfers!” someone said in the crowd. Now we were labeled as transfers.

Drew
Faction: Silverhound

I am Drew. Honored to be in the Faction of Silverhound. I am 26 and in TC, Or Teacher College. I’m continuing my education to be a high school teacher. I’m in my second year and it’s a lot of hard work. From tests to papers. From pop quizzes to research. Anyways, today is my special day. I’m quitting college to help my friend out.  I’m also supposed to meet him at Eclipse Falls. It’s about 10 blocks from TC. I walked out of the front doors and went left. It’s about 6 P.M. and dark. Perfect timing for my initiation. I reach Eclipse Falls in about 15 minutes and Troy is standing in the river, about five feet from the waterfall.
“Drew, it’s time.” Troy called out and signaled me over. I stepped into the water. Cold, maybe about 20 degrees. As I kept pushing against the current, the water felt like it was getting warmer.
“Drew, your initiation is just under this waterfall. Follow the caves and you’ll find my group. I just shook my head  and followed him under the waterfall. As we walked in, the water felt good rushing down my neck and soaking all my clothes. When I exited the waterfall, we entered the cave and Troy was looking up at a cliff with a torch by a path.
“Boost me up!” He said.  I ran over to him and he jumped up on my back.
“Hope you make it!” He called and ran down the path. Now I was left alone and in front of me was a huge path with cobblestone underneath my feet to guide me. I entered the path looking for traps and anything to jump out. The only thing I could see was rocks and torches. I walked forward for about three minutes and then turned left to find myself at the edge of a cliff. I looked down and the sunset as coming into the cave and there was a bear bathing in the sunlight.
Great. Just great, I said to myself. I have to get past a bear.I surveyed my options. One, I could down down the cave and sneak around the bear to get back on the cobblestone path. Two, I could take this torch to my right and distract and potentially light the bear on fire. Three, just run for it. I think for a few minutes and I chose my option. I grabbed my torch and threw it down toward the bear. It got up noticing my thrown torch and its paw stepped on it. It screeched loudly, trying to stomp out the fire, ending up only to have the torch burn its whole side. About two minutes later, the bear had burned.  My plan actually worked! I decided to walk down to my left and continue on the cobblestone path. After following it for about three minutes, I had entered another cavern with a test. In front of me was a wooden table with many weapons, gear, and swords. The table was against a glass wall. I bet it opens when I grab what I want.  I grabbed the gloves, they have magnets in them so I could stick to a wall or any surface, also I could send a magnetic pulse to send people backwards. I also grabbed a bag of throwing knives with a belt and secured the belt around my waist. Lastly I grabbed a pistol, labeled on the handle was the name, Dragon’s Teeth. The glass gate didn’t open, so I sent a magnetic pulse from the gloves and the glass shattered into many pieces. I went forward and below me were ten soldiers, armed with weapons and armor. This isn’t standard military, this is nowhere from Titania, it has to be from outside the country. I decide to jump to the wall left of me and my gloves stick to the rocky surface. The guards still don’t notice me and I pull out some throwing knives. I aim, I throw, and it hits the first guard closest to me. He flinches.
“Hey, Guys! On the wall!” That guard said as he pulled out the knife. I decide to jump down and test something out. I push my hand into the floor before I fall and it sends a pulse like an earthquake, four guards fell down. I pull out the Dragon’s Teeth, and light those four on fire. The other guards and shooting at me and I send a magnetic pulse to stun and kill the rest of the guards. I walk to the end of the cavern into a scanner. This scanner took away my weapons and I continued on. About 25 feet in front of me was Troy.
“Hey, bud! You made it!” He yelled.
“Yea, I guess I did.” I replied and walked toward him.
“Welcome to our Sanctuary.  Inside here is your home now, well really, your second home but you know what I mean. Once you enter, you will meet our leader and you may be a new member for the Night Wolves. Do you accept?”
“Yes, I do.”
“Then enter and welcome to the Night Wolves.” Troy said as he patted me on the back and both of us went in. I am no longer a Silverhound, I am a Nightwolf.

4
Years later…
Lydia
Faction: Republican 

Four years have gone by since my husband, Alexander, and I have been labeled Transfer. Alexander is now a military squadron leader, and I am a Medical Officer. I was walking from our apartment which we had saved up and bought. It was very expensive and very modern. It was time for my job to begin so I walked to work, it is 13 blocks away and in about a half hour, I had arrived at Fort Kurt. The military base in Republican territory. I walked to the gate and the scanned my MID, or my Military ID, and the guard let me in. Military men running drills and loading equipment, everywhere. I walked inside and down a few hallways to my office. I walked in and sat down.
“Whew..” I let out a breath of exhaustion, then the alarm rang.
“All military personnel proceed outside immediately! All Medical Emergency Personnel report to the middle courtyard!” Mrs. Lou said, the announcement and office lady. I stood straight up and ran to the outside courtyard. When I arrived, I was surrounded by the rest of the MEP Team and Guards.
“Sir, please drop your weapon! The left guard said, pointing an Marksman’s Rifle at the suspect. What scared me the most was the suspect and the victim. The victim was General Kurt being choked and carried by the neck by,
Alex?
My Husband would never do this.
“Sir, please let go of the General and drop your weapon.” The right guard said.
“You first.” Alex replied. I was too shocked at the moment to even move. The left guard pulled the trigger and shot Alex in the face.
“NO!” I screamed. I ran past the guards to Alex’s limping body. I caught his body before it hit the ground and started to shed tears.
“NOO!” I screamed again. I closed my eyes.
“Hey baby, calm down.” Alex said comforting me in bed.
“Wait, wha?” I said, confused.
“Nightmare?” he whispered quietly.
“Yea, you got shot.”
“Well, that’s new, just go back to sleep next to me.”
“Yea. I pulled up my covers and stared at the ceiling. Am I in another dream? Was that reality? Or is this reality?

Alexander
Faction: Republican 

“This is Stingray, in position over.” Sgt. Tim Fowler said on the radio.
“Bubbles in position.” Pvt. Martin Locke said.
“Magnum in position.” Pvt. Jeffrey Rivera said.
“Osprey reporting. All reporting Blitz, give us the go-ahead” Cpl. Nathan McCauley said. Before I responded I switched to General Kurt’s channel.
“General, this is Blitz. Operation Hack and Dash is waiting for the go-ahead.” I said.
“This is General. Operation Hack and Dash is a go, we will be watching from the skies. Be safe, be careful, and good luck. General out.” I switched from the General’s channel to my squadron’s channel.
“Baker Squadron, Operation Hack and Dash had been verified. Time to act.” I said. It was snowing and our objective was a three story warehouse. We are in Old Britain and trying to obtain valuable information about our enemies. I was on the hill about 50 yards away with my personal Marksman’s Rifle, The One-shot. It comes with a 8x rifle zoom scope, a foregrip, a laser sight, and a silencer. I also have my personalized Pistol, The Unforgivable, which is equipped with a laser sight, red dot sight, extended magazine, silencer, and a switch to turn into a stun gun.
“Blitz, this is Magnum, Osprey and I are at West entrance, waiting for breach command.” Rivera said.
“Okay, wait for Bubbles and Stingray to reach the East entrance….”
“Already there boss.” Stingray said. Now I had to reach my breaching position. I had the South entrance, which as the loading bay. I got up and started to run. I knew that the enemy was inside, but I did not know what they were capable of, and neither did command. So were operation in the dark. I finally reached the warehouse and peered over the corner to see what I was about to engage. I took a quick glance and saw no truck but a sleeping guard and the double-door entrance. I pulled out my Unforgivable and shot him in the stomach.
“Wha...ahh…” The guard awoke and fell back asleep, never to wake up again. I decided to check the guard’s ID. It read…
Mayers, Cole
Warehouse Guard
W.A.A
Well what does W.A.A mean? I would have to find out. I put my Unforgivable back and pulled out my One-Shot. I walked through the double doors and entered a straight hallway with another set of double doors with windows. I looked through and saw more W.A.A guards.
“Magnum, Stingray, report.” I radioed in.
“Ready boss.” Stingray reported.
“Ready.” Magnum reported.
“On my count...3...2...1… GO!” I kicked open the left door as well as my squadmates did. In front of me was one W.A.A guard. I shot at him a few time and he stumbles to the ground. I put my One-Shot on my back and started to walk. Then, another guard came around the way with a knife, screaming and running at me. I put my wrists up against his wrists and he took a knee to the stomach.
“Ohh..” He said lowering his back. He stood back up and I elbowed his face, then threw another knee and knocked him out with another punch.
“Where’d you learn that, boss?” Stingray asked. 
“My father was a brawler when he was a young adult, and he taught me a few tricks.” I replied.
“First floor clear.” Bubbles said.
“Alright, meet in the middle of the floor.” I said. In about five seconds, my whole squadron was in front of me.
“What’s the plan, boss?” Stingray asked. I looked around and saw offices above uss.
“Lets check those offices. Stingray and Osprey, stay at this level and watch our backs.
“Will do.” Osprey said. I looked around for stairs and saw them to the right of the doors I came in. I started to run and Magnum and Bubbles followed. After about two flights of stairs I bursted into the door and the room was empty, still with my gun ready and my finger in the trigger. I scanned the room and it was desks with computers.
“Find the Chairman’s office.” I commanded.
“Got it.” Magnum said. I saw Magnum walk forward and into another room.
“Bubbles, stay here and find some hard copies of anything that will help us.” I also commanded. I walked to the Chairman’s office to find our tech guy on the computer.
“Magnum, find anything?” I asked.
“Yeah, battle plans, attack strategies, hidden bases, all military files,  and what this company is.”
“Hey Blitz, get out here!” Bubbles called.
“I’ll be back.” I told Magnum. Bubbles was against the window looking outside. I went to him and looked outside as well.
“Up there, in the sky.” Bubbles said and pointed. I looked and there were about 20 black dots flying fast. The dots then came toward the warehouse. I looked close and saw that these weren’t black dots, these were people on jetpacks. Finally, the jet-packers halted at our window. Then behind them from the forest came infantry soldiers and tanks.
“Titania soldiers, surrender now and you will be spared!” A voice came. I looked around and saw a tall man standing in a jeep.
“You have two seconds to comply.” He shouted back.
“Fine then, Stingers, light them up.”  The jet-packers, or Stingers, started to turn on their chain guns, then a second later, bullets went through the warehouse.
“Osprey, Stingray report!” I screamed in the radio.
“This is Osprey, Blitz. We got the ground floor covered, we set traps up so we are okay, I will let you know when we need help.” Osprey reported back.
“Mags, how long for the download?!” I asked.
“Five minutes!” He replied back.
“Bubbles, we’re in trouble…” I said.
“Yeah, but we’ll get out of this. I’m sure of it. The General wouldn’t send no one else for this.” He replied. I decided to look around the room for anything useful. I saw a bunch of desks, chairs, computers, and bullets flying everywhere. Nothing.
“Bubbles, just shoot them!” I yelled.
“Yea, that’s our only option!” He yelled back. I put my One-Shot up against the window sill and started to fire, trying to hit as many targets as possible. One after another, the Stingers were crashing and dying and exploding.
“Nice job, Blitz!” Bubbles yelled.
“Hey, Blitz! We need your help down here!” Osprey yelled in the radio!
“Okay, I’ll send Bubbles!” I turned to Bubbles, “Get down there and help Osprey and Stingray!”
“Yes sir!” Bubbles yelled and he got up from cover and ran downstairs. Now I went to check on Magnum.
“Almost done?” I asked.
“Done.” Magnum said and he pulled the hard drive and started to follow me. I ran downstairs with Magnum to find the rest of my squadron hiding and blind firing behind windows.
“Boss, we need an escape!” Stingray yelled.
“I know, I know!” I yelled back. I needed to think of something, and fast. I looked around quickly for anything. We were in a warehouse full of vehicles but most were decommissioned just from looking at them. There could be one still intact and in use. I looked around and found a tank-like vehicle in good condition. I started to walk toward it and called over our squadron’s vehicle expert.
“Hey Osprey, check this out!”
“Coming.” He replied. “Woah, this is high-tech stuff! Dual cannons, flamethrower and machine gun, a mine dropper in the back, a ton of armor, and armor-plated spike treads!”
“Well can we use it?” I asked. Osprey hopped in through the top hatch and sat in the drivers seat. He shot the dual cannons through the wall at the enemies.
“It works!” He shouted. “Get in!”
“Magnum, Stingray, Bubbles, lets go!”
“Okay, boss!” Stingray said as he hopped in. Then Magnum, and Bubbles followed.
“Comin’ in!” I shouted and Osprey was shouting orders.
“Bubbles, man the back machine gun! Stingray,get the front flamethrower and machine gun! Magnum get the computer running in this thing! Blitz get the top hatch machine gun!”
“Got it!” I shouted. Now I decided to give General a call. “General, this is Blitz! We got the files but encountered heavy resistance! We stole a high-tech tank and were going to be mobile very shortly! Over!”

“Blitz this is Overwatch! The AE Transcontinental Bridge is your escape! We’ll be there! Out!” The AE Bridge was one of many. Back when Titania was North America, their government built bridges to connect countries and continents. There was North America to England, England to the rest of Europe, Italy to Africa, Africa to South America and North America. It makes a continuous circle. I guess Overwatch’s plan was to take the North America-England bridge all the way home.
“Osprey, get us on the A-E Bridge ASAP!”
“Yes sir!” Then we were mobile, but not without heavy resistance. We had about two miles of dense forest to cut through before we hit the road, according to my hologram map, but they were right on out trail.
“Blitz, foot soldiers on our six!” Bubbles yelled.
“Well you have a machine gun! Rip them to shreds!” I yelled back.

Drew
Faction: None

Four years have passed since I joined the Night Wolves organization. Those four years got me some friends, and respect. I wake up in the barracks area of the base. Bunk beds lined up on each wall. The other men are still sleeping. I'm the only one up, so I decide to sit up and wake up now before the breakfast bell rings. I check my hologram watch.
“Adam, tell me the time.” I whisper.
“Drew, the time is 8:43.” Holographic Adam replies. 
“Thanks, bud.” I reply.
“Would you like me to schedule your appointment with Dr. Winetz?” Holographic Adam asks.
“Actually, Adam. Tell them I quit TC.”
“Yes, sir.” and Holographic Adam shuts off. Then the bell rings. 8:45  it is then. It rings like a fire alarm in a school. Everyone hates those in the morning. Then come the groaning and moaning from everyone else who just had an amazing dream or a great sleep. I get up and start walking to the cafeteria. As I exit the barracks, I run into Troy outside.
“Hey Drew. There’s something I want you to see.”
“What is that?” I ask curiously.
“You’ll like it.” He gestures me to follow him, and I do. I follow him through the corridor and he leads me to the Command Center. He stops at the holographic boards.
“This is the Command Center, Drew. Here we establish what we call “Wolfpacks”. These Wolfpacks undergo missions we run on the outside world. We need supplies and the government crippled if we want the old “North America” back in full capacity. So the leaders and I promoted you to the Alpha Male of Wolfpack Delta.”
“What? I have my own now?!” I said ecstatic
“Yes. It took a long time for me to convince them, but they finally gave in.” He walks over to the first screen to the left.
“W.A.T.S. open Wolfpack Delta Information.” Troy says.
“Opening Wolfpack Delta information.” W.A.T.S. says.
“What is W.A.T.S. ?” I ask.
“World Associated Technology Systems. Basically our databases and files and whatnot are in there.”
“Wolfpack Delta’s Alpha Male is callsign: Hunter. Wolfpack Delta also has a Mechanic callsign: Sparks. A Weapons Specialist callsign: Rapture. As well as a Technologist callsign: Bulldog.” W.A.T.S. says.
“Well there you go, Drew, or should I say...Hunter.” He pats my back.
“Hunter...I like it. Now how do I meet my team?” I ask.
“Ask W.A.T.S.” Troy says. “I’ll catch up with you later. You have 1 hour until your first assignment, bring your squad to the Hangar Delta.” Troy leaves and walks away.
“W.A.T.S. Where are callsigns: Rapture, Sparks, and Bulldog?”
“Callsign: Rapture in the Weightroom on Corridor Alpha. Callsign: Sparks in Hangar Delta. Callsign: Bulldog in Cafeteria.”
“Thanks W.A.T.S. ” I say as I leave the Command Center.
“Signing off.” W.A.T.S replies.

As I walk down Corridor Alpha, I’m still surprised that I got promoted.
“101! 102! 103! Ahhh!!” I hear coming from the weight room. I walk in and there's a gigantic man on the bench press with a polar bear sitting on the bar.
“104! 105! I’m done! Woohoo!” The man stands up and the polar bear sits. “Oh hello there, my name is Rapture, but other call me Chris, who are you?” He sticks out his massive sweaty hand.
“Drew.”
“Callsign?
“Hunter.
“Ohh! So I’m assigned to you. Well nice to meet you Hunter!” His sweaty hand still out.
  “Umm...that polar bear...is scaring me.” I said cautiously.
“Oh Fluffy?” Rapture turns to Fluffy. “He doesn’t bite...isn't that right Fluffy?”
“Grrr.” Fluffy growls.
“Oh, no. This is Hunter.” He said pointing to me. “He is good. Here take a fish.” Rapture pulls out a fish from his backpack on the ground and Fluffy went nuts.
“Here you go.” and Rapture tossed it up and Fluffy jumped up and caught it.
“Wow. Very impressive.” I said and Rapture started to pet Fluffy.
Rapture was huge he looks like he’s   6’6, and 350 pounds of pure muscle. Considering he benched 325 pounds 105 times.  

“No, you know what is impressive? How I caught Fluffy. Let me tell…”
“Wolfpack Delta please report to Hangar Delta.” W.A.T.S said on the speaker systems.
“Well, it's our first mission. Let's go! “ Rapture said as he ran out of the weight room. Fluffy followed. I decided to follow.

As we arrived, I saw Sparks and Bulldog with their weapons of choice and their physical characteristics and features.  Sparks was the mechanic. He had a huge wrench on his back that I guess can  repair anything broken .Also he had a wielder and a rocket launcher. Including an Sub-Machine Gun. Sparks was a scrawny type of guy, but scrawny enough to get under a car or tank and being able to live. Bulldog was pudgy. Not fat, not skinny, somewhere in between. He had a robotic eye and a robotic right arm. Supposevely, his arm has a built in supercomputer to hack the most amazing systems known to man. He also creates some super cool gadgets, like a “Silent explosive”. It sends out an electromagnetic wave that kills sound waves in a 10-mile radius. Or how about a stun gun and taser  that kill on impact. I like my team.

“Ahem.”
I looked over to see who that was. It was Troy.
“Paladin. What's the task at hand?” Rapture asked. Troy is Paladin? Wow.
“Well this is it. The Leaders of the NIght Wolves had agreed that you all, Wolfpack Delta, will be the leading force for our final mission. We had discovered a hidden nuclear missile factory has recently been obtained by the Titanian Military. Which is the current government in the continent of “North America”. We want you to lead the assault of taking it over and we either “bargain” with the Titanian Government, or we launch a nuclear attack. You will have two assault squadrons with you. They will be in your command. Wolfpack Omega, Wolfpack Zulu. Report!” Paladin said. Eight men ran to us in their squadrons.
“Wolfpack Omega, callsigns!” Paladin commanded.
“Osirus.”
“Apache.”
“Hawk.”
“Thunder.”
“Wolfpack Omega leader is Apache.” Paladin said. “Wolfpack Zulu, callsigns!”
“Blizzard.”
“Shepherd.”
“Yukon.”
“Mongol.”
“Wolfpack Zulu leader is Yukon. Apache and Yukon, you command your squads but Hunter here…” Paladin points to me. “..will give you orders. Understood?”
“Sir, yes sir!” We all yell.
“Good. now load up and let's rock and roll!” Paladin yells. The three Wolfpacks ran up into the ship.
“Hunter, come here.”
“Yea, Troy?” I say as I walk toward him.
“Listen, I know you earned this, but still, the leaders are worried about you running this last operation. They think that we’ll lose good men today.” Paladin said.
“Troy, I got this. What is there to be worried about?” I say.
“There are lives at stake here Drew! We can’t afford to fail, because if we do. Our goal is lost and we will lose! For this reason, I am coming with you. I will join Wolfpack Delta over you. You have no command now.” Troy says and walks up into the ship. Are you serious right now?! I just lost my commanding position because they thought I had no “leadership skills”.
“Troy I thought that we were friends.” I said.
“We are, but this is a job Drew.” Paladin said as he turned around. “NOw can we leave?”
“Yeah. We can.” I said as I climbed up into the ship.

Alexander
Faction: Republican 

“Boss, the fuel’s out!” Osprey yelled. The tank came to a complete halt on the Bridge.
“Can we turn it 90 degrees?” Bubbles asked.
“I’ll try.” Osprey said. The tank turned so that the long side face the enemy and blocked the street.
“What now, boss?” Stingray asked. The enemy was getting closer, and time was not on our side.
“Osprey! Stay in the tank and man the guns! Bubbles take the left side with Stingray! Magnum, right side with me!” I ran to the destroyed van and Magnum came next to me. I looked into the window and the enemy came prepared, foot soldiers, followed by tanks, and soon helicopters.
“On my mark...open fire!” I yelled. “Three…” they were getting closer.
“Two…” even closer.
“One.” 100 feet at least. Then the first shot was fired. I looked to my left and it came through the destroyed car. Bubbles fell with a thud of his lifeless body.
“Man down, Man down!” Stingray yelled.
“Command, we need medevac and escort now!” I yelled into the radio.
“Blitz, this is Baseplate, E.T.A three minutes, out!”
“Dammit! Guys three minutes! Open fire!” I yelled. This was a firefight. Bullets were flying everywhere. Then a tank shell hit the ground. Boom!
“Boss, I just figured out how to work the cannon!” Osprey said through the radio.
“Good, how many shells left?!” I asked.
“Three.”
“Well, make them count!”
“Blitz! I got an idea!” Magnum said.
“What?” I asked,
“Watch this.” Magnum got up and ran to the tank. He hopped inside and in a matter of seconds, he came out with the flamethrower from the back.
“Booyah boys!” He yelled. He pulled the trigger and flame came out like a dragon, fast, deadly, and hot. Magnum started to walk forward into the hail of bullets, not getting hit, and he set the road on fire, and for some reason it was spreading.
Towards us and them.
“No...No...NO!” Magnum yelled as he was caught on fire. He was slapping himself to put out the fire but it was too late. The fire was spreading too fast. It turned MAgnum into a pile of ashes in seconds.
“Stingray! Hop on the tank! There’s gas on the road!” I yelled.
“You think?!” Osprey said sarcastically.
“Shut up!” I replied. Stingray and I ran to the tank and hopped on it and hid behind it.
Pew! Pew! Pew! Bullets were hitting the metal plating of the tank. Then I heard the faint sound of an engine roaring. Fast, not a car or tank, but a...
“Blitz, this is Baseplate. Your pickup is here.” A helicopter came roaring across the bridge, laying down a storm of missiles at the enemies. Explosions were huge and quick. The helicopter backed up and the back hatch opened. A woman appeared from the back, her hand out.
“I’m Rose, a new member.” She said in an elegant voice.
“Hey, I’m Stingray.” Stingray said as he hopped up.
“Blitz.” I said and walked up.
“Wait, what about Osprey?” Stingray asked.
“We’ll use the magnetic grapple.” Rose said. THe back hatch closed and we started to lift off.
“Hey? Where you guys goin’.” Osprey asked.
“Don’t worry.” Rose said. Then a loud thump came and shook the floor of the helicopter.
“What the...I’m flying!” Osprey cheered.
“Baseplate. Take us home.” I said.
“Negative.” Rose said.
“What?” I asked.
“We have a problem. Titanian government has issued a full scale threat alert.”
“Against who? We have no enemies!” Stingray said.
“We had one on the inside. They are called the Night Wolves.” Rose said.
“The Night Wolves? We dealt with them years ago.” Stingray said.
“Well not good enough, because they regrouped and took over a Nuclear Missile Launch Facility. They threaten to blow up all of Titania if we don’t switch back to North America.”
“Well I’m not letting that happening!” I said firmly. “This country is my home, and I intend to keep it that way.”
“Well good, because we’re heading there now.” The helicopter picked up speed and this all or nothing, Titania was not going to fall.

Drew
Faction: None
I was in the Command Center with Paladin. Wolfpack Omega went to the main entrance to stand guard and Wolfpack Zulu  went to the Atrium to stand guard. Rapture, Bulldog, and Fluffy were standing guard just outside the command center doors.
“We give you a choice again, Titania. You shut down the factions, take yourselves from governing positions, and put us in power then no missiles will be launched. You fail to comply to any of these terms, and missiles will be launched. Thank you for your time.” Paladin demanded as he shut off the television. “Good enough speech?” He asked.
“Sure.” I replied.
“Listen.” He said pointing at me. “You lost your position because…” Then boom. The door exploded open and Fluffy was flung around with blood spilling out everywhere.
“Freeze Night Wolves!” A woman demanded, pointing a pistol at us. Two men were with here.
“So the Titanian Military and Government decide to send Rose, Stingray, and Blitz? How convenient.” Paladin said.
“What do you mean?” Rose asked.
“Blitz and Stingray are the best military soldiers Titania has to offer, and the Government just sent them to their death wish.” Paladin moved closer to the launch button, and I moved to the second one. My hand hovering over the button.
“Both of you move back!” Blitz demanded. I pulled out my pistol and shot Blitz in the stomach. Boom! The bullet flew and landed in his chest.
“Argh..” Blitz exclaimed and he fell to the ground bleeding. 
“You monsters!” Rose screamed.
“Were not monsters! We are just taking action for what we want! No one loves the factions. They force people to do something even thought they might not want to do it! Let them be free!” Paladin yelled. Paladin pressed his button and I was too slow. Stingray and Rose shot at both of us, and Paladin and I both fell. Our souls left our bodies lifeless. Rose and Stingray ran to the controls.
“No! Only half of them were launched!” Rose exclaimed.
“Where are they going?” Stingray asked.
“I can rewire their course to the A-E Bridge. Hopefully.” She said. She began to press button and type in the keyboard.
“Done!” She sighed.
“Woohoo!” Stingray shouted.
“Yea, well a lot of lives were lost today. We better get home.”

Lydia
Faction: Republican 
“Today, the Titanian Government and Military released a statement that every military family will be getting a knock on their door. One knock is your family member is home. Two knocks, your family member has deceased. Three knocks, your soldier is wounded and at the hospital. All knocks will be happening in two minutes. Thank you for your time. And onto the weather…” The news anchor said as I shut the television off. I was trying to prepare for anything. I didn’t hear back from Alex which was freaking me out a bit, I decided to head into the kitchen and cook me some eggs. I walked in and pulled out a pan, cracked some eggs and watched them sizzle. Then I heard two knocks. My heart just dropped. I knew I had to go to the door, but I couldn’t. I eventually started to move and walked toward the door.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.