Phoenix Rising | Teen Ink

Phoenix Rising

By gitab, Flemington, New Jersey
gitab, Flemington, New Jersey

Summary:

In the kingdom of Celesia, poverty and death is everywhere. People pray to Celti out of desperation, even going as far as to believe in a rumored Phoenix Queen. And to make matters worse, the Nighttime Fever doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon.

Philia knows it's only a matter of time before her brother, Kalian, succumbs to the disease and leaves her. But it seems the Flame Society, a group of rebels opposing the king, has a different plan in mind. One that starts with kidnapping Kalian.

In return for an everlasting flame, a Phoenix egg, a silver fruit and a prophecy, the rebels offer to heal Philia's brother. And if this seemingly impossible task wasn't enough, the King's sorcerer seems to have taken an interest in Philia - and not the good kind.

Accompanied by Ari, a seemingly normal girl from the Flame Society, Philia finds herself on a journey of magic, beasts and secrets that will only be revealed as time goes on. 

What Philia doesn't know is that she was not chosen randomly, and that this journey is just one step in a much larger plan. One that will affect all of Celesia. 

If she can survive the journey, that is.

Kamakshi R.

Phoenix Rising