Albion (uncompleted) | Teen Ink

Albion (uncompleted)

By PhoenixRising GOLD, Brandon, Wisconsin
PhoenixRising GOLD, Brandon, Wisconsin

There used to be an Intro but I deleted it awhile ago meaning to fix it but never did.

“I think don’t we should go in there,” said Bob, one of Agondra’s friends.
“Don’t be a chicken,” mocked Agondra.”How much trouble could we get in.”
“A lot when you are around!” exclaimed Tim.
“You’re a chicken like Bob,” sneered Agondra.” Who’s with me?”
But to his surprise no one joined him. “What are you waiting for, aren’t any of you coming with me?” asked Agondra.
“None of us are going in there!” exclaimed Joey.
“Fine I’ll go alone then,” sneered Agondra. As he went into the tunnel, he stopped, turned on his flashlight and shined it in front of him.
While he was exploring he had tripped and cut his leg, but he continued on alone without noticing. After about ten minutes his friends came looking for him. When they found the blood they got scared, so they just followed the trail of blood.
“I’m not sure about this,” said Bob.
“I know but we need to make sure he is okay,” said Joey.
“Just stop arguing ok guys,” said Tim, “We need to find Agondra before the adults start looking for us.”
“He’s right guys let’s keep going,” said Bill.
“Only one problem though,” said Bob.
“What’s the problem now Bob?”
“There isn’t any more blood on the ground!” exclaimed Bob, “Which means we don’t know where he went after this point.”
“You’re right Bob but you already found me,” said Agondra, “Now will someone help me get out of this tunnel before it collapses.”
“Why would it collapse?” asked Tim.
“Here come over here and I will show you the crack in the wall that is hidden behind the support beams,” said Agondra as he showed them the crack in the wall.
All of a sudden the tunnel in front of them started to collapse. But what they didn’t know is that it was set off because of an earthquake near the tunnel.
“RUN!” they yelled in unison.
“Does anyone remember the way we got here to begin with?”, asked Tom, who had brown curly hair, and was a very quiet person.
“Well look at you, you’ve finally spoken up,” sneered Bill.
“Yeah what about it huh?” asked Tom, “Just because I like being quiet doesn’t mean you have to be mean when I do talk.”
“Let’s just get out of here ok,” said Agondra.
“Fine,” said Tom and Bill in unison.
As they searched for the way out Tom cut his arm, Bill sprained his ankle, Bob’s leg almost got broken, and Tim was the only one that didn’t get hurt surprisingly since he is the clumsiest of everyone.
When they finally got out they noticed that someone was waiting for them at the entrance. When they tried going around the person went to the same side they tried to use. When they tried walking past him, he just pushed everyone back towards the entrance of the tunnel. When he did that they got mad at him and tried to attack him with rocks and sticks. When nothing worked Tom spoke up.
“Who are you and what do you want with us?” asked Tom.
“My name is Alpha and I am here for Agondra.” said the mysterious man.
“Well we don’t know anyone named Agondra,” said Bill.
“Then what are your names?” asked Archangel.
“Our names are Tim, Tom, Bill, Bob, Joey, and Leon.” said Agondra.
“You are lying,” said Archangel, he then pointed to each person and said their names, “Tom, Tim, Bob, Bill, Joey, Agondra.”
“How would you know?” asked Bill.
“Because you left a friend of yours out here and he told me everything,” said Archangel, “I think his name was Leon, he was skinny, weak in the arms, strong in the legs, and all of you thought he was stupid because he never answered a question correctly even if he knew the right answer.”
“That’s Leon alright,” said Agondra. “So what do you want with me anyway.”
“I am here to tell you about the evil Lord Nyan.”
“So what I don’t care about what happens to other islands,” said Agondra.
“You will when he comes to take this island,” said Archangel.
“Yeah right you’re just saying that to get me to help fight this person called Nyan,” sneered Agondra.
“I’m not just saying that to make you come with me,” retorted Archangel, “Besides I can make you come with me whether you wanted to or not.”
“Just leave us alone alright,” cackled Joey, who had a sore throat from the tunnel dust getting in his mouth.
“You Joey are in enough trouble as it is young man, I bet you haven’t even told your friends about your condition have you?” asked Archangel.
“Joey what condition is he talking about,” asked Bob.
“I have a condition which makes it so I won’t live as long as the rest of you do if I keep fooling around with you guys.”
“What is it called Joey?” asked Tim.
“It doesn’t have a name so no one knows what it truly is,” replied Joey.
“Oh so I guess we won’t be able to hang around anymore can we?” asked Agondra.
“I take it everyone forgot I was here and the answer is no Agondra you can’t, because you are coming with me got it,” sneered Alpha.
“Why should I come with you, huh?” retorted Agondra.
“Because you are the only one that can stop him,” growled Alpha.
“I can’t come with you even if I wanted to my parents wouldn’t be okay with,” sneered Agondra.
“I already have their permission to take you with me,” retorted Alpha.
“Then let me go talk to them or I will fight you until I win,” growled Agondra.
“Have it your way I will take you to them because I don’t think you will go straight there,” sneered Alpha.
“You’re probably right I wouldn’t go home,” sneered Agondra.
As they left the others, Alpha walked towards the harbor. When they got there Agondra noticed there weren’t any boats and was confused. But before he could ask any questions he slipped and hit the leg that was cut.
“Are you alright Agondra?” asked Alpha.
“No I’m not alright I just learned that my father isn’t a beaver and that I’m suppose to fight some evil guy named Nyan!” exclaimed Agondra.
“Diejenigen, die frustriert sind, kann führen zu der Dunkelheit, während diejenigen, die ruhig sind können Blei ans Licht,” said Alpha.
“What did you just say?” asked Agondra.
“I said ‘those who are frustrated can lead to the dark, while those who are calm can be lead to light,” replied Alpha.
“Oh where did you hear that from,” said Agondra.
“I of thought of it just now,” said Alpha. “Now it is time for you to swim to the island named Meh.”
“Did you just say swim to it!” exclaimed Agondra.
“Yes is there something wrong with that,” said Alpha.
“Yes there is a problem with that I can’t swim are you stupid or something!” yelled Agondra.
“Aren’t you part beaver?”asked Alpha.
“No I am your son remember,” replied Agondra.
“Oh yeah my bad I guess I forgot,” said Alpha.
“Yeah sure you forgot about that,” retorted Agondra. “Isn’t there some sort of boat I can take?”
“Not all the way because you would be spotted by Nyan and he would send phoenixes after you and then you would die,” replied Alpha.
Then Alpha went towards the water, summoned a boat out of nowhere, and climbed in to make sure it was sturdy. The boat itself was blue like the water, the details were gold and the inside was transparent so you could see if anything was below you. But if you looked at the bottom from the outside you couldn’t see through. So if tipped it over you wouldn’t be spotted.
“Is this sufficient enough for you Agondra?” asked Alpha.
“The boat is but what about food and water for the journey I don’t suppose you can conjure that up can you,” replied Agondra.
“That is easy enough since I will be accompanying you on this journey so you don’t get too lonely,” retorted Alpha.
“Why didn’t you tell me that to begin with maybe I would have come sooner,” growled Agondra.
“Get into the boat right now young man,” said Alpha.
“I’m not that young you know and I’m not doing anything you say until you answer my question,” said Agondra.
“It doesn’t matter right now!” yelled Alpha.
“Fine let’s go then since you won’t tell me the answer,” said Agondra.
As they got closer to the island Agondra got a lot more scared. The reason he was scared was because he saw all the heads on the shoreline on spears. Some of the heads still had bodies attached to them. But another reason he got scared was because he saw the blood red castle that had Lord Nyan standing next to it. What Agondra hadn’t realized was that Lord Nyan was so big.
“So what is the plan Alpha?” asked Agondra.
“The plan?” said Alpha, who was confused.
“Yes the plan to defeat Lord Nyan,” said Agondra, “Since he is huge and is almost as tall as his castle.”
“Oh that plan, I will tell you when we get to the shore,” said Alpha, “now if I were you I would help me flip the boat so we can get to the shore safely.”
“Why do we need to tip it over?” asked Agondra.
“Because the phoenixes are coming over here,” said Alpha as he was rocking the boat.
When Agondra saw the phoenixes he started to rock the boat along with Alpha. To his surprise it was fairly easy to tip. Since the boat was transparent they could tell when the phoenixes were gone. And lucky for them the boat was painted blue like the ocean.

As the phoenixes drew closer, Agondra and Alpha tried to steady themselves under the boat. Once the phoenixes had flown off they lifted the boat up as best they could and then flipped it over. Once they had done that, they continued towards the island of Meh.
“So how do I fight Lord Nyan,” asked Agondra.
Alpha sighed, “I told you that I would tell you the plan when it was time.”
After that they didn’t talk very much. They followed a trail they had found until they found a small village. Luckily the village had a small inn that had vacancy. So they stayed there for the night. The next day Archangel tried to find a guide. Since no one would help them he tried to find a map.
“So did you find anything out?” asked Agondra.
“Not anything that would help,” replied Alpha. “But I did hear a few rumors about thugs on the trails so we’ll have to watch out when we are walking.”
“Are you going to teach me how to fight?” asked Agondra.
“I will eventually, but not right now,” replied Alpha. “Also I did manage to get a map of the area.”
So then they started to figure out where they were going to go first. Before they could do anything with the map they had to find a place to sit down and talk. As they studied the map something dawned on Agondra. He realized that he had seen a map that looked like this before. Only there weren’t any landmarks on this one. Eventually he said something about it.
“You do realize that there are no landmarks of any kind on this map, right,” Agondra whispered.
“Are you sure,” asked Alpha, as he studied it more he realized that Agondra was right. He then tried to find anything they could use as landmarks.
Eventually they finished planning their journey and got a few hours of sleep. When they woke up they decided that they would eat and then leave. After they ate they started to get everything ready. Right before they left the town they got as many supplies as they could. Then they were about to leave when someone ran up to them.
“Are you the one that was asking for a guide,” asked the stranger.
“Yes I am,” replied Alpha.
“Well I am Epsilon, and I’m here to be your guide,” said Epsilon.
“Nice to meet you Epsilon, my name is Agondra,” Agondra said politely.
“I am Alpha,” said Alpha quickly. “Now that we are all acquaintances, can we go.”
After that they walked until they came to a farm where they bought some horses. Later they found another village, but since there was nowhere to stay they had to continue. Eventually it became night and they had to stop and camp where they were.
“I heard there were highwaymen and footpads around here,” whispered Epsilon.
“Yes I heard that too, but if there were any around they would have seen the fire and come to see what it was,” replied Alpha.
“Well I guess your right but still I think we should be careful,” retorted Epsilon. “I think that someone should stay awake to warn us if someone comes.”
“I’ll do it since I’m the oldest and the most skilled at fighting,” smirked Alpha.
So as Agondra and Epsilon slept Alpha guarded them. All of a sudden 5 men burst into the campsite with swords in their hands. Luckily for Alpha he had heard them coming  and had already woken Agondra and Epsilon. As they stood there staring each other in the eyes Epsilon suddenly walked towards the 5 men. Then it dawned on Alpha and Agondra that Epsilon had betrayed them.
“YOU TRAITOR!” yelled Agondra. “ I can’t believe I trusted you.”
“I knew there was something about you,” said Alpha. “There was something odd about you from the very beginning.”
“Yeah then why did you allow me to follow you?” asked Epsilon.
“Because it was you that was following me for almost an entire day and I thought that I could change your habits,” replied Alpha.
Suddenly there is a short yell of pain. Alpha looks around and sees that 1 of the 5 men was dead. Then he looked behind him at Agondra who was in a complete shock. That left only 1 option. Someone else was out there. Then there is a thud as another body hits the ground. From the shadows step a girl brandishing a short sword with and a dagger, both of which had blood on them. She then walked over to Alpha and Agondra and whispered in Agondra’s ear.
“Nice to see you again Agondra,” whispered the girl.
“Do I know you?” asked Agondra.
“You should unless you have forgotten already,” replied Adolpha. “If you’ve forgotten my name it’s Adolpha.”
“Wait you mean that you’ve been living here all these years,” Agondra said with wide eyes.”
“Yes, no thanks to you and your group of friends,” Adolpha said coldly.
So as they talked the 3 remaining men and Epsilon ran off, but left the dead bodies where they were.Adolpha said that she would watch for anything while they slept. So they went to sleep in the tent while Adolpha kept watch.  When morning came they woke up and smelled a fire. So after a couple of minutes they exited the tent and saw that Adolpha had started a fire and cooked some breakfast for everyone.
“Wow you cooked all this,” said Agondra, who was looking at the food.
“Yes I did,” replied Adolpha, “um I wasn’t sure what you wanted to eat so...”
“It will be fine Adolpha,” said Alpha, who interrupted her.
So they ate in silence and didn’t speak again until it was time to leave.
“So what are you going to do know Adolpha?” asked Agondra.
“Don’t know at the moment,” she replied, “I guess I’ll just hunt the 3 guys that escaped last night.”
“I have a better idea,” said Alpha.
“Oh and what is that?” asked Adolpha and Agondra in unison.
“Why don’t you accompany us Adolpha,” Alpha grinned as he said this. “I mean we need a new guide and Agondra needs to learn how to fight and move silently.”
“Hey I move quietly,” argued Agondra.
“If I remember right you were the loudest person in the village,” said Adolpha, who was trying not to laugh.
“Yeah I guess,” replied Agondra. “Have you had any contact with your parents since you got here?”
“No, I haven’t found a place to send letters from,” replied Adolpha. “I think I’ll stick with you guys. I have one question.”
“Oh and what is your question.”
“Why are you guys here?’
“Agondra can I truly trust her.”
“You should be able to. everyone trusted her.”
“Ok. We are here to stop Lord Asmodeus from taking over other islands like this one and your home,” said Alpha grimly.
After that they walked on with Adolpha in the lead. She had guessed that they needed to go get some better weapons because all she saw were some rusty swords. And she knew the perfect place to get weapons.
“Where are you taking us Adolpha?” asked Agondra after a while.
“I’m taking you to Asmodeus’ castle,” Adolpha said in response.
“No your not, we are walking away from it,” said Alpha.
“And how would you know?” Adolpha said while smiling.
“Because I can see it behind us through small holes in the canopy,” said Alpha.
“Fine. I’m taking you to a place that you can get better weapons,” Adolpha said.
“Do you mean like your enchanted short sword and dagger,” Agondra stated.
“I guess you aren’t completely stupid,” retorted Adolpha, “There is a old castle that is home to a wizard named Andromache.”
“I know this wizard quite well surprisingly,”stated Alpha. “Only problem is that she is supposed to be dead.”
“Oh really, you know this how,” asked Adolpha.
“Because I’m the one that killed her in the great wizard war,” Alpha said coldly.
Suddenly Alpha started to run towards the mountain that was close by. After Alpha, Adolpha started to run. Agondra however was confused as to why they ran. He then looked around him and saw a small army and about five phoenixes flying above the army. He then ran in pursuit of Alpha and Adolpha. By the time Agondra found the others they could hear the army. Then all th thumping just stopped and all they could hear was people shouting and metal clanking together.
“Wait here I am going to see what is happening,” said Adolpha.
Before anyone could argue with her she had disappeared. As she got closer to the army she realized that this wasn’t Asmodeus’ army. She realized that she knew them all. So she walked back to where the others were hiding and told them everything she saw. When they didn’t believe her, she took them to see the army. And before they could stop her, she walked straight into the open and everyone that saw her just froze. Then someone spoke up.
“Well haven’t seen you in quite some time, are you finally ready to join us.”
“No I’m currently working on something,” Adolpha replied.
“I hear you took down two men last night from Epsilon.”
“Oh so he was working for you,” replied Adolpha.
“Yes he was suppose to trail anyone that looked like trouble. I hear he didn’t do a very good job because he ran off.”
“He was doing fine until those others appeared,” relied Adolpha.
“Others? What others, I never sent anyone else to help him.”
“Then he never planned on working on finding new recruits for you, I think he has been killing them.” said Adolpha.
“And why do you say that.”
“Because they had the markings of Asmodeus’ army, which means he has either been recruiting for Asmodeus or has been killing all the newcomers to the island,” replied Adolpha.
While Adolpha and the man talked Alpha and Agondra snuck through the camp. They found uniforms that fit them and started to walk around. Luckily for them no one talked to them. Eventually they made their way back to Adolpha and the man.
“Ah, there they are,” said Adolpha.
“So these are the ones your guiding at the moment,” said the man.
“Yes, oh I forgot to introduce you,”said Adolpha suddenly, “Alpha, Agondra this is Zephan.”
“Nice to meet you Zephan, I am Alpha,” said Alpha as they shook hands. “This is my apprentice Agondra.”
“Hello sir, it is nice to meet you,” said Agondra as he bowed in a sign of respect.
“We have to get going otherwise we won’t get to Andromache in time,” said Adolpha.
“Oh, in that case I will give you supplies and horses so that it won’t take as long as it would have by foot,” said Zephan.
“Why thank you, even if you hadn’t offered the horses and supplies we would still have taken them, you do realize that right,” said Adolpha with a smirk.
“I know that already and thats why I offered them,” replied Zephan.
After they finished discussing the plans Zephan had some soldiers get the supplies ready along with the horses. While that was happening the trio were getting some sleep.
When Zephan came to wake them, they were already awake and were gone. When he went to check on the horses and supplies they were also gone.
“When did they leave,” Zephan asked the guard on duty.
“They left maybe an hour ago sir,” replied the soldier.
While the trio were riding past one of the guard towers, which was supposed to be abandoned. About 15 of Asmodeus’ men came out from behind it. All of them were riding horses and started to chase them. So they started to go faster.
“I don’t think that this is going to end well,” shouted Adolpha.
Eventually they were caught and were taken to Asmodeus’ castle. There they were thrown into the dungeon. They each got questioned individually and at the same time. Then they were called up to see Lord Asmodeus. On their way up Adolpha said to the others not to say anything unless they were asked.
“Why were you trying to run from my men?” asked Asmodeus.
“We were running from a group of highwaymen that were chasing us,” replied Adolpha. “They must have turned around once they saw your men.”
“My men didn’t see anyone else,” sneered Asmodeus.
“Then we must have lost them in the forest,” replied Adolpha.
“I see, so what are your names?” asked Asmodeus.
“My name is Amisi,” replied Adolpha.
“What is your name,” Asmodeus asked Alpha.
“I am called Abelard,” replied Alpha.
“And yours,” said Asmodeus.
“I am called Zernebog,” said Agondra.
“Well I am going to let you go for now,” smirked Asmodeus. “Also if you need any help in the future just let me know and I might be able to help.”
“Thank you Lord Asmodeus,” they all replied.
“There is one thing though,” said Adolpha. “Your men shot our horses so we have no way to travel to our destination.”
“I will see that you have horses and weapons to defend yourselves,” replied Asmodeus.
“Although we didn’t ask for weapons it would be a great pleasure to have them,” said Alpha.
¨You will need them if you are going to travel through this land,¨ replied Asmodeus. ¨I will also be sending an armed escort with you.¨
¨No need for an escort,¨ said Adolpha. ¨If we get into trouble we can always run from it.”
“I insist that you take at least two of my men with you,” said Asmodeus.
“We will be fine on our own if we carry horses that have your insignia,” said Alpha.
“Yes I suppose that is true,” replied Asmodeus. “The horses and weapons are waiting at the gate.”
“Thank you, we will be on our way then,” said Alpha.
Once they had finished talking to Asmodeus they were escorted to the castle gate. At the castle gate they found three horses and were given weapons. Among those weapons was a quarterstaff, a short sword, a long sword, and a bow. Adolpha eyed the guards carefully.
“I don’t like the looks of these guards,” Adolpha whispered to Alpha.
Once they took the weapons they got on the horse and then began to ride towards Andromache’s tower. Suddenly they heard hooves hitting the ground behind them. When they glanced back they saw a small group of warriors riding after them.
“Are they friends of yours Adolpha?” asked Alpha.
“Yeah by the looks of them they seem to be the ones that usually are chasing me,” replied Adolpha.
“We should draw them farther away from the castle and then fight them,” said Agondra.
“You’re right we should but I don’t think we will make much farther than that line of trees,” replied Alpha.
So the three of them rode as fast as they could until they made it past the trees. They then hid the horses and drew their weapons and prepared for battle. Soon after the warriors rode into the trees and then dismounted. They drew their weapons as well and then charged at the three companions. Although the warriors had experience in battle the three companions had magic on their side and had defeated the warriors until only one remained.