The Chocolate Factory | Teen Ink

The Chocolate Factory

April 20, 2015
By Funboy789 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Funboy789 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
13 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Pewaukee is home to unique businesses, but one stands out, and that placed is  Chocolate Factory. This place has been the kid favorite (and family favorite) for years and for good reason. The Chocolate Factory is in the heart of Pewaukee, in the center of a great fishing spot and the beach, and in the center of all the other unique shops that offer something different for a variety of sweets. This place has been the go to spot for events on Pewaukee Lake and is always overcrowded on the fourth of July.


The Chocolate Factory is located in front of Pewaukee lake. This perfect location adds to the storybook looks, atmosphere, and ice-cream.  It’s been like this every since the beautiful shop opened in 1972 and has been thriving ever since. The two creators, Mike Toffler and Peter Blommer, have been unique and simple even when they decided to open an ice-cream shop that also sold candy. One example is that they had designed the place on the back of a napkin and had a hand written first menu.

With a ice-cream that tastes like paradise and food that is fits a meal for a king it deserves to be known as a true treasure. This simply, yet very unique place is a Waukesha treasure because it shows the creativeness and the beauty that our county has.