Really, it's not that great. | Teen Ink

Really, it's not that great.

April 26, 2011
By just-another-url GOLD, Cannes, Other
just-another-url GOLD, Cannes, Other
16 articles 6 photos 151 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness." -Philip Lester


When people ask where I'm from, I hate answering.
Because it's always the same thing.
"I'm from France."
"Oh, how wonderful, you are SO lucky." They will say those same words and polite as I am, I'll just nod.
The truth ? I don't think France is all that great.
I wish I could live in the States, with the rest of my family. Not an ocean and a sea apart.
I was born in Paris, but don't remember what the city was like. Since the age of 3, I have lived in the south of France, next to Italy.
I live 6 minutes from the sea and from my window can see the beach and all the French that get nude and have a swim.
Some will say that I should thank my lucky star and pray to never leave.
I'm not saying that France is horrible but it's just not home.
The culture and the French ( and the food most of all ) are fine I guess. The schools take a bigger toll on the kids and the way of life is totally different.
When I'm in the states, and people ask if I'm from France they think of Paris immediately. It's not just that you know -...
Same as overseas, when I say I'm part American they think : New-York, LA, San Francisco. It's not just that you know -...
As a kid, I felt like Hannah Montana, living two lives. Now it's just annoying.
So don't think that France isn't great, it's OK. Really.
Just not the best place in the world.