Home Alone | Teen Ink

Home Alone MAG

The sky was pitch black, the house was creaking, and I still had four hours until my parents got home. Locked in my parents’ room, I turned on the TV full blast so I wouldn’t hear the creaking house.

I barely heard the phone ring. I picked it up and said, “Hello … hello …?” but there was no response. I knew someone was on the other end. Finally, I hung up. A minute later, the phone rang again; still no one was there. I became more frightened as time passed; the same ­person called five more times.

At this point I didn’t bother picking up, but the ringing continued. To get my mind off this prank caller, I called my friend. She told me not to worry and to turn the phone off. As we talked, I heard someone pull into the driveway. When I peeked out the window, I saw an unfamiliar car.

Thirty minutes passed and the car was still in my driveway. It drove up and down the drive as if aware I was watching. My friend told me to call the cops, but I refused.

Soon the phone calls started again. I heard noises in the background, but I couldn’t tell what they were. I really didn’t want that person to get out of the car and start toward the house. If they did, I didn’t know what I’d do. None of the doors were locked, and I would have no way of protecting myself. The only thing I could do was hide, which wasn’t a very good plan.

At this point I was considering calling the cops, but my friend offered to drive by. “Maybe if they see me pull in, they will leave,” she suggested. By the time she arrived, the car had left. The phone rang again and I picked up, thinking it might be my friend. Someone on the other end said “Bye-bye.”

At that point I wasn’t as scared as curious. Since then I have not stayed home alone and I probably never will.

i agree some people can be really stupid they dont know what will really happen so take things serious.

wowwww said...
on Dec. 20 2010 at 9:56 am
the story isent supose to be milked the story is something that really happened its not a book to read if you want something terrifieing to happen go get a book from the library

armin said...
on Dec. 20 2010 at 9:52 am
i dont think u should say that because if she called cops she could point u out now wow some stupid people

on Dec. 18 2010 at 10:49 am
GreenDayFan SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona

"Every story has an end, but in life, every ending is just a new beginning."
-Uptown Girls

Wow! That must've been horrifiying. Close to the same thing had happened to me. I was hime alone, and these prankster kept calling the house. Whenever I picked up the phone no one would answer. Scary.

AmandaPanda123 SILVER, Brookville, Pennsylvania

Memories are forever.

Oh my gosh that is scary...Just make sure to ALWAYS lock your doors. Everytime I'm home alone, that's the first thing I do before doing anything else. I got shivers from reading this..

Memories are forever.

KimiChan, what did you do to make the guy go away? That's scary.

writergirl13 GOLD, Cherry Hill, New Jersey

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher.
Ambrose Bierce

Wow. Did that actually happen to you?? That's so freaky!! While i was reading this, shivers ran up and down my spine. I'm not even kidding! I'm thinking about getting up and looking out of my own window to check for any weird cars in my driveway!! Great piece of writing, though! Keep up the good work!

coltsfan1027 said...
hey that was me haha jk

coltsfan1027 said...
i think next time u should lock the doors and call the police so nothin like this ever happens again

on Dec. 17 2010 at 7:47 am
cascadeblanche BRONZE, Winder, Georgia
well, its not like she can change what actually happened during that event just to make people like it more.

. said...
so scary i feel bad for you

mballer said...
on Dec. 8 2010 at 10:07 am
great story

sk8er said...
on Dec. 8 2010 at 10:01 am

who u wit

sk8er said...
on Dec. 8 2010 at 9:54 am
stop staying home alone

HOMEY_JR said...
on Dec. 8 2010 at 9:52 am

Make sure you lock all doors,but don't be afraid to not be in your house alone!

Kitti-Chan PLATINUM, Wichita, Kansas

"Accept what you can't change. Change what you can't accept."

I had a somewhat similar experience, but a man came up to the door and wouldn't leave. He called in the window and I was really scared. Trust me, lock up your house, call the cops. Its very important.

kriley8404 BRONZE, Simpsonville, South Carolina

"jesus is love, love is real"

i get it if you don't want to be home alone, but you can avoid the same thing by locking your doors.

shedevil said...
on Dec. 2 2010 at 7:46 am
shedevil, Spotsylvania, Virginia
I liked it, but i was expecting more towards the end.

mrswright said...
on Dec. 1 2010 at 7:58 am
You should lock all the doors of your home when you're home alone!

yep we did!! Yea sorry ShiGul!!!