Home Alone | Teen Ink

Home Alone MAG

By Anonymous

The sky was pitch black, the house was creaking, and I still had four hours until my parents got home. Locked in my parents’ room, I turned on the TV full blast so I wouldn’t hear the creaking house.

I barely heard the phone ring. I picked it up and said, “Hello … hello …?” but there was no response. I knew someone was on the other end. Finally, I hung up. A minute later, the phone rang again; still no one was there. I became more frightened as time passed; the same ­person called five more times.

At this point I didn’t bother picking up, but the ringing continued. To get my mind off this prank caller, I called my friend. She told me not to worry and to turn the phone off. As we talked, I heard someone pull into the driveway. When I peeked out the window, I saw an unfamiliar car.

Thirty minutes passed and the car was still in my driveway. It drove up and down the drive as if aware I was watching. My friend told me to call the cops, but I refused.

Soon the phone calls started again. I heard noises in the background, but I couldn’t tell what they were. I really didn’t want that person to get out of the car and start toward the house. If they did, I didn’t know what I’d do. None of the doors were locked, and I would have no way of protecting myself. The only thing I could do was hide, which wasn’t a very good plan.

At this point I was considering calling the cops, but my friend offered to drive by. “Maybe if they see me pull in, they will leave,” she suggested. By the time she arrived, the car had left. The phone rang again and I picked up, thinking it might be my friend. Someone on the other end said “Bye-bye.”

At that point I wasn’t as scared as curious. Since then I have not stayed home alone and I probably never will.



Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 374 comments.


poptart said...
on Mar. 15 2011 at 9:13 am
wow sounds creepy!

on Mar. 9 2011 at 2:50 am
Love-is-painful BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
4 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
Live what you do, do what you love, Broken hearts hurt worse than broken bones

OMG! That is really scary did you ever find out who it was?

on Feb. 25 2011 at 10:54 pm
Alexa97522 GOLD, Portland, Oregon
19 articles 0 photos 28 comments

Favorite Quote:
With God, all things are possible. (Matthew 19:26)

thats really creepy and scary.. thank God nothing bad happened to you :)

The Z.A. Kid said...
on Feb. 25 2011 at 9:14 am
This once happened to me but, thankfully, my doors were locked and I have a garage that needs a code.

on Feb. 21 2011 at 3:10 pm
InsaneKitten BRONZE, Miami, Florida
3 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
Even shadows need light..... "Melissa Marr, Ink Exchange" :D

Deja vu 0.0 something like this happened to my friend except the bye bye part and instead of phone calls something bout a garage that kept opening and closing.... dangish the creeprs D:

on Feb. 21 2011 at 1:05 pm
Detective-C BRONZE, Lakeland, Florida
3 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Wait! It's morning in the Himalayas!"

Oh gosh, that's creepy. I would probably had done the same. Very suspenseful, I like how you wrote it.

on Feb. 21 2011 at 12:33 pm
cosettes_jealousy, Colts Neck, New Jersey
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Don't dream it, be it." - The Rocky Horror Picture Show "To anyone that ever told you that you're no good, they're no better."- Hayley Williams

o boy......well im home alone right now and im scared XD

ama1013 BRONZE said...
on Feb. 18 2011 at 8:56 pm
ama1013 BRONZE, Fairfield, Connecticut
1 article 0 photos 25 comments
that's soo creepy. i just got the chills haha

on Feb. 18 2011 at 10:16 am
Why would you stay home alone without the doors locked and why wouldn't you call the cops when someone you don't know shows up at your house and sits in their car?  

on Feb. 15 2011 at 9:14 am
imtjustamerx3a, Aurora, Illinois
0 articles 0 photos 4 comments
I just wanna say this is super creepy! I'm glad you got out of that situation though, I would be freaking out too! You should have called the police though for sure. Don't hesitate next time :) It's the best option to stay safe.

on Feb. 12 2011 at 5:38 pm
T.R.Trevino BRONZE, San Diego, California
1 article 0 photos 21 comments

Favorite Quote:
'I cannot, nor will, recant anything, for it is neither safe nor wise to go against conscience.' -Martin Luther

Oh, you should always lock your doors. And called your parents. I know mine wouldn't have been at all comfortable with a guy calling me repeatably while driving up and down my driveway.

And here's a little tip about  looking out your window. They CAN see you, so you have to be really careful how you look out the window. Oh, and you might not want to pick up the phone if you don't know who it is.

 

Sorry for the rant...really good writing!


on Feb. 12 2011 at 5:34 pm
T.R.Trevino BRONZE, San Diego, California
1 article 0 photos 21 comments

Favorite Quote:
'I cannot, nor will, recant anything, for it is neither safe nor wise to go against conscience.' -Martin Luther

Well, she can't actually changed what happened. I'm just glad the guy meant 'bye-bye' as in, he was leaving, not 'bye-bye' as in, she was dead.

on Feb. 6 2011 at 6:06 pm
redpanda26 SILVER, Chevy Chase, Maryland
5 articles 5 photos 51 comments
I'm home alone right now... This article is freaking me out, but that's a good thing, you did a great job, but WOW, I feel bad for you! Scary...

da writer said...
on Jan. 30 2011 at 9:42 pm
AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

on Jan. 30 2011 at 1:17 pm
Miss_Bliss GOLD, Waban, Massachusetts
17 articles 0 photos 31 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If we did all the things we were capable of, we would literally astound ourselves."

-Thomas Edison

Oh, I mean I agree with -DreamForever- that it ended too abruptly, not that it was bad subject material.

on Jan. 30 2011 at 1:13 pm
Miss_Bliss GOLD, Waban, Massachusetts
17 articles 0 photos 31 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If we did all the things we were capable of, we would literally astound ourselves."

-Thomas Edison

I actually thought that it was an incredibly good subject for a story (mysterious prank caller, unknown car idling outside your house, your doors are unlocked...). However, I wholeheartedly agree with LastChapter and -DreamForever-. You can milk a story without taking away the truth in it, and I think it would have been a good idea to try and enhance the suspense (with that in mind).

on Jan. 27 2011 at 10:24 pm
grahamsta97 SILVER, Medford Lakes, New Jersey
8 articles 0 photos 19 comments

Favorite Quote:
"William, I am trying to listen to you, but it's so difficult because of that hair! Every time I look at it, I expect racist Disney characters to leap out of it and start singing about living on the balliou!"
-Jane Lynch, as Sue Sylvester on Glee :D

oh my gosh :O

when you said the person said, "bye-bye", i freaked. no joke. that must have been so scary!


Rozaa SILVER said...
on Jan. 24 2011 at 5:41 pm
Rozaa SILVER, San Marcos, California
5 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
I love it when my fingers are entwined in yours, and the tingly sensation i got when you touched me. It made me feel so safe so loved; so totally bouned to you. forver. And i still am even though you left me.

Thats scary! i like it :)

on Jan. 8 2011 at 5:31 pm
heaven_sent_666 BRONZE, Youngstown, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Being in the dark means you are one step closer to seeing the light"

I also got shivers from reading this!! I HATE being home alone, especially because we have a creepy house. But I'm never usually alone at night. But if that happened to me, I totally would have called  the cops!

on Jan. 8 2011 at 4:15 pm
writerinfinity PLATINUM, Arlington, Texas
35 articles 0 photos 105 comments
That must have been very scary. I would be really freaked out if I had been in your shoes. :s yikes!