My Middle Name | Teen Ink

My Middle Name

October 10, 2022
By BrodyD BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
BrodyD BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

My middle name is Wingrove


The name wingrove is not just the normal middle name. It is taken back from before my grandparents. It takes me back to the settlers, it lets me remember the ones that came before. 


It reminds me of beer, which may not be very clean. But it is what I think of when I hear that name. It just feels like a deep German name that is said at German Fest.  Due to it maybe being from Germany, but it just feels more natural when you are surrounded by people of your own. 


It makes me feel like a fall day when you are watching Sunday night football. It makes me feel warm and cozy but also the stress of school being the next day.


The name keeps me closer with my dad and grandpa. It is a name from my grandpa's mother. Her maiden name. It connects us, it is what we have in common. We are the 3 generations that are somehow always brought up when we are with each other. 


When people ask for my middle name. I ALWAYS get a funny look. People for some reason do not believe me. It is not the traditional middle name. Not a name that many people are used to. But to me I feel like it is perfect for me.  

 

My middle name is a very old name.The name Wingrove is from Buckinghamshire. It is very old English and most likely seen in many places in Europe and not many people in the USA.    


My entire life my dad and grandpa have been my closest friends. It may not just be from our middle name. But that is definitely a factor that makes us closer together. It is what connects all of us, seeming to be the same. I feel like that just bonds it all together. 

The three of us have something that keeps us together, like a pair of cubs to a mama bear, it is the middle name Wingrove. 


The author's comments:

This piece is very special to me because it is truly about my family.