I Knew His Answer, Before The Question Was Asked | Teen Ink

I Knew His Answer, Before The Question Was Asked

By Kaitlincutie GOLD, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Kaitlincutie GOLD, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Whether you think you can or can't, you're right

Walking through the halls, down the stairs, and out the door going home. I can't get the thought of you out of my mind. It is all confusing. Is it just because of me being a teenager? Wild hormones controling my happiness, sadness, anger, etc? Heading home, a note writes, "We'll be home in a few days. Money's on the counter for food and emergencies". I didn't care being alone. It was kind of relaxing. As I sit down with my tablet and water, I start texting my friends. I got into a deep conversation with one of them. The next week, the worse thing happen to my heart. One of my friends went and casually talked to him. He didn't feel the same for me (as I suspected). I put on a face of "I don't care" when inside, I was crying. I knew the answer, before knowing the question. Now knowing that, I still cry about it. Sitting home alone, I actually let it out. No one but my pets were there. One of my cats sat on my lap, while my dog sat next to me. I still like him a little, but I know the answer. No. Unless I move into some parallel universe where everything went my way. I am destined to live with just myself. I still cry about it. 'Cause I know, no matter how hard I try, i'll never be good enough.