Feedback for "Technology Dependence" | Teen Ink

Feedback for "Technology Dependence"

November 29, 2012
By ChobaniLuvinPenguin PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York
ChobaniLuvinPenguin PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York
29 articles 0 photos 85 comments

Favorite Quote:
"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well."
― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince


In the article "Technology Dependence," Madeline R bravely speaks of the troubles that our great reliance on modern technology can lead to. She makes excellent points in portraying that the hours we spend daily on Facebook and YouTube are beginning to replace old-fashioned communication. Our addictions to over-stimulating video games and the beauty of sinking into the couch while watching the boob tube well into the night serve no educational purpose and are tradeoffs that can only lead to stress.

I completely agree with Madeline on this topic and must thank her for making me (and hopefully many others) realize that there is life outside the screen. There is truly much to explore apart from the virtual, electronically connected world. I will certainly now dedicate more of my time to productive hobbies. Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go for a walk and absorb some Vitamin D. My apologies for having to unglue my eyeballs from www.TeenInk.com.