Doodling my name | Teen Ink

Doodling my name

By Lyra_stardust GOLD, Tirupati, Other
Lyra_stardust GOLD, Tirupati, Other

Always be youself,there's no one better!

"Hazel Grace,voted the no.1 artist of Brooklyn",read Hazel as she flipped through the pages of the magazine she picked up in the store . She's a young brunette with silky long hair upto her waist and has eyes as blue and deep as the ocean. She had freckles on the top part of her cheeks and dimples appear on either side of her mouth whenever she smiles. Walking home,she recollected all the people who had praised her for her unique pieces of art in the art fair which was held just a few weeks ago. She never thought she was a good artist,she admired the others and always felt that she wasn't good enough. Something vibrated in her pocket. She took out her cell phone and read her mom's message that she was heading out to work and will return at around twilight.

With a sigh she unlocked the door with the spare key and threw her handbag across the living room which landed perfectly on the arm chair. She ran to her room upstairs to check if her painting had dried. Looking outside her window,she noticed a guy with a black cap who looked strangely disturbing. He was standing at the same place and was looking at the neighbour's garden. "wierd!",thought Hazel and decided to binge watch while the painting completely dries and switched on the TV. When the commercials turned in,she grabbed a notepad and a pen lying beside the couch and started doodling her name.

For a moment she felt a knock on the door. Not knowing whether there really was a knock or not,she continued doodling. A few seconds later the front door was banged hard. Noticing it this time,she rushed down her stairs thinking it would be the package which she ordered a few days ago. She opened the door which, unfortunately,revealed no one. She walked out to the mailbox to see if she has received any mail,but no luck. Feeling rather disappointed,she walked back into her house and closed the door behind her. As she started climbing the stairs,she heard a door slammed shut.She stopped in her tracks at once. Fear clipped her tight and at once it striked her. "He's in the house!" Without knowing what exactly to do,she climbed up ever so slowly,at every step,feeling her heart racing and trying to eliminate the million thoughts which found their way to her mind. She opened the room to her door,strangely,which she left open when she rushed down to open the front door. Almost tearing up,she took a glance inside to see no one. Feeling a bit relieved,Hazel reassured herself it would have been her active imagination and fell on the couch. She took the notepad and to her horror saw her doodled name striken several times with a red ink pen! She rose her head and looked in the mirror straight in front of her to see a part of a black cap right beneath her bed across the room...

I've always been very interested in reading suspense stories and here I am with one of my own short, thrilling,suspense story! Enjoy bititng your nails!

SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands
That glisten in dim candle play." -Janice T., Clockwork[love that poem, dont know why, im not steampunk]

intresting that she goes from hearing a door sammed shut to deciding a random creepy guy outside was in her house. logical.