If the wrong one came | Teen Ink

If the wrong one came

October 28, 2014
By Quinn Fabryk BRONZE, Chalfont, Pennsylvania
Quinn Fabryk BRONZE, Chalfont, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The sun shone brightly through the small window, illuminating the brick room, giving the room a soft touch of nature. Enveloped by hair, she arose from her slumber, letting out a small yawn, and rubbing her eyes as her dark room slowly turned to light.
The birds were already sitting at the window in her room, coming sooner than usual. They started to sing and chirp, making her smile, as the birds were the only friends she had in her dark, lonely room.
“Good morning!” She called to the birds from the opposite side of the room, as they looked her way. “How are you all this morning?” She knew they would say nothing in return, but she wished one day they would reply back. Stretching, she stood from her bed and walked to the birds, her hair trailing behind her.
“My my!” She exclaimed, picking up one of the small birds, examining it closely. “What happened to your wing?” The small injured bird stayed still, letting her touch its wing. “I don’t know what I can do about this!” She frowned, playing with a piece of her hair. “It looks like you cut your wing, Correct?” The baby bird chirped, singing a short tune of agreement.
She brought the baby bird over to her vanity, the other birds following in curiosity. She grabbed a small piece of cloth from her washroom, wrapping the wing with it. Her patient chirped, lightly bouncing around on the vanity.
“Does that feel better now?” She questioned, lightly touching the wound. The bird sang a short melody once again, before flying out the window with the rest of its family. “Be safe!” She yelled after them, leaning out of the window, her hair nearly causing her to trip.
The rest of the day was relaxing yet lonely, each painful way becoming more of a bore as she has ran out of things to do. Her daily chores were already done, she has already made her bed, and the birds haven’t come back to visit her yet. Sitting cross-legged on the bed staring at the small window, she gasped and ran to her closet, where her diary was sitting on a high shelf.
“I forgot I had this!” She excitedly said to herself, grabbing a stool to reach the diary. She flipped through pages, seeing the difference n her handwriting throughout the years, but the same thing stayed the same about her handwriting. Her fancy, professional cursive at the bottom of the page that read, “Hopefully, tomorrow he will come. Love, Rapunzel.”
Rapunzel sighed to herself, realizing that the day after all of these entries, he has never come. “Will he ever?” She loudly said, walking over to her bed and taking out a writing utensil. She wrote the date, and quickly wrote the number 98 at the top, signifying the number of entries she has wrote in the diary ever since she was stuck in this tower.
“Dear Diary, Today the birds came again today! I can’t remember the last time they haven’t been here. One was injured, which made me a bit sad, but I patched him up and he seemed to be fine!” Rapunzel smiled to herself, blowing the hair out of her eyes. After writing a bit more about her day, she started to sign her usual signature. “Hopefully tomorrow he will c-“ A loud banging noise came out from outside and she jumped, nearly throwing the diary out of her hands. “Is it him?” She yelled, running to the window.
And outside the window, she saw a sight that she would never forget. A boy, who looked her age, sitting on something, and holding his head. “Man, I always do that!” He yelled loudly, wincing in pain. Rapunzel, her mouth wide open, was speechless. He looked up, his eyes wide, peeking into the tower behind Rapunzel. “Hello!” he said, scratching the back of his head.
“Is it you?” She screamed, lurching forward so herself and the boy were now face to face. He looked away, a faint red tint to his tan face.”My name is Aladdin.” The boy said, face still turned away from Rapunzel. He turned back to her, giving her a smile. “I’m a bit lost, do you think you could give me directions out of here?”
Rapunzel’s face lit up. “Only if I get a ride on that thing!” She yelled, pointing at the thing the boy was sitting on, a wide smile settling on her face.


The author's comments:

i've always loved the idea of crossovers, implementing characters from different Stories and movies into other ones. I was inspired by a picture of Elsa from "Frozen" who was edited to look exactly like Rapunzel

 
Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace
 
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]
 
Return
 
 
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\
 
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift
 
 
English
 
 
alt
alt
 
 
Preferences