Interwoven Wolves Short(1) | Teen Ink

Interwoven Wolves Short(1)

By SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands
That glisten in dim candle play." -Janice T., Clockwork[love that poem, dont know why, im not steampunk]

disclaimerish thingy- the events taking place in shots are isolated. they are not chronological and do not affect anything else. likewise, the reasons for characters being there are just because they can. i will include the episode it takes place around the time of. absolutely nothing contained here has any effect on anything else, including other shorts unless specifically noted otherwise. they are about as relevant as dreams. if for example a character dies that is utterly irrelevant. this is not going in front of all of them, so hopefully you'll see it. the numbers are simply so you can keep track of which ones you've read because i dont want to come up with titles for all of them. however, if a small thing is specifically named cannon, for lack of a better word, or if it is just expanding on something that actually happened but wasn't given much detail, for example echo learning to use her bow, then its legit. if something is explained, for example how magic works, or the history of wolves or something, then as long as i isn't directly contridicted, sure. its legit. also, if its not about echo, galaxy, or frost, it will have a picture of a forest or savannah, or if for some reason it wasn't there, then wherever it is set. with that out of the way, enjoy!

(about 11 years before post 1) echo hugged her mom, smiling with a few missing teeth. 

"mommy, mommy!" her mom smiled a her.

"yes?"

"do you think the teachers will like me?"

"yes, of course."

"and will i make lot and lots of friends?"

"mmhm."

"and will the bus rides be lots of fun?"

"wellllllll..." 

"and what if i miss the bus back? will i got lost forever and ever?"

"no, you wont miss the bus, and if you did they would call me. now lets go or you'll be late." echo hopped out the door with her tiny backback smiling with so much joy.

"will there be lots to do?"

"yes."

"will there be magic?"

her mom laughed. "of course!"

"oh i cant wait! will there be fairys?"

"maybe."

"will we get to go into the woods?"

"no, there are wolves in there."

"aww... but what if wolves are like nice little doggys?"

"they arent, they'll gobble you up and then you wont get to play."

"but what if there arent wolves in the at all?"

"there are."

"awwwww ok." the bus arrived, and her mom kissed her on the forehead.

"mom!"

"hurry up." echo ran onto the bus and smiled at the bus driver. so many places to sit! she didn't want to sit though. she saw a couple of kids sitting around, including a gil her age! she had red hair and brown eyes like echos.

"hi!" the girl stared at her.

"hi, are you echo?"

"how do you know my name?"

"my mom told me."

"oh ok. whats your name?"

"galaxy. want to be friends?"

"yeah!" 

"great! we'll be best friends, just like sisters!"

"do you belive in magic?"

"no! but i like to think about it."

"so do i but i know its real. I'm sure of it!"

"how old are you?"

"4, you?"

"same!" echo smiled and the bus screeched to a halt. they ran outside together laughing.