Is this love? | Teen Ink

Is this love?

May 6, 2016
By Mackenzie28 BRONZE, Williamsport, Ohio
Mackenzie28 BRONZE, Williamsport, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

         It was my first day at my new school in a new state. I was really nervous because I thought I wasn't going to make any new friends. The only good thing was that I was a junior and could drive myself to school and didn't have to ride the bus. I walked into the school and went to my locker, that was the last good thing I had going. I forgot my locker combination and had to find the janitor to open it. Then it took me five minutes to find out where my first period class was. When I finally got to my class the only seat that was left was by the hottest guy at the school. I was afraid to talk to him because I thought I was going to say something stupid. So I just decided to ask him what his name was. “Hey what's your name?” “My name is Tyler and I just moved here.” “Are you serious I just moved here too, what school did you go to before” I asked. Then he said “Western high and I never got your name?” “Oh sorry my name is Estelle.” Then all I heard was a huge slam on a desk it was the teacher Mr. Collins.” “Are you guys ready to start class or should I let you keep having your conversations?” No one said a word and the he said “Great, you guys will have a project due in two weeks. You have to work with a partner and build a solar system.” Oh great now I have to find a partner I hope Tyler will work with me before I even get to open my mouth to ask Tyler already did, I said yes of course and we are hanging out tonight to get started. Mr. Collins made us do a guided reading for the ready of the period, it was really boring. The rest of the day was boring all I could think about was hanging out with Tyler and trying to get a good outfit to wear.

         The day was finally over and I was sitting on my couch waiting for Tyler to come over but then it hit six o’clock and he still wasn't here when he said over text that he would be at my house at five. Then I gave up and watch tv. My doorbell rang at seven and it was Tyler I was really surprised I didn't even say anything and he said “ sorry I was helping my grandma get my grandpa to his doctor's appointment I hope you are not mad at me.” I was about to say something and then my mom came in. “Oh who is this Estelle?” “Hello my name is Tyler it is nice to meet you Mrs. “Forman you can call me Mrs. Forman, if you need anything I will be in the kitchen.” I got my book bag from my room and ask him how he wants to do it. Then he says “I don't want to work on the project on the first day, I want to get to know you first so tell where you use to go to school at since I never got to ask you in class.” I was a little shocked when he said that bit i finally said “well you probably don't know what school I use to go to because it was in Florida and now I'm in North Carolina.” He had to most surprised look on his face when I said that but he didn't say anything. So I said “are you okay?” He takes a minute and says “that is where my parents use to live I moved when I was fifteen we could have know each other!” I got a little more excited than I should have and said “no really that is so cool I am so happy that we have a lot of things in common.” That’s when it happened I accidentally said “we would make a perfect couple.” It was really awkward after that it was silent for like five minutes, then my mom came in and asked us if we needed something to drink but we both shock our heads no and she left. “I didn't want your mom to hear but I really like you and we would make a perfect couple” said Tyler with a smirk on hue face. After that I took a big sigh and felt so relaxed after he said that. Then he said “will you go out with me” and I said “yes.”
            I think I fell in love with him that night because we have been together now for two years and I wouldn't want to spend it with anyone else. I just wish I would have know what love was when I first saw him.