Where did we go? | Teen Ink

Where did we go?

By Nessa13 GOLD, Charlestown, Indiana
Nessa13 GOLD, Charlestown, Indiana

"Love, but never fall in love, because things that fall get broken"
-Taylor Swift

“You are such a B*tch!” Hunter screams.

I watch as he goes after me, and I instinctively put my hands up in defense.

“Stop! I hate you!” I scream as I fall to the floor.

I am on the floor in Hunter’s living room, and standing over me is my boyfriend Hunter. We started arguing over…I can’t even remember. That’s how stupid it was.
He pushed me. That is one of the thoughts that are going through my head at the moment.

“If you hate me then why are you here?”

“I don’t know! That’s the problem, Hunter! I don’t know why I’m here, and then you want to push me? Are you serious? Yes I hate you! I f***ing hate you! I hope you die!” I know that I might not mean that in the morning, but that is what my feelings are at this moment.

“Get out, Jasmen.” He whispers. “Just get out.”

“Fine. I’ll leave, but don’t you EVER think that you are going to see me again.” I turn to walk out the door, but as I touch the door handle I stop.

“What day did we get together, Hunter?” I ask begging for the right answer.

“…Um…July 3rd?”

“Hunter? When is my birthday?” A tear falling down my face.

“Um…”

“It’s July 14th, Hunter…We got together on my birthday…How many years ago, Hunter?”

“2?”

“3…Good bye Hunter…” And I walk out.

As I walk away, I know that I am not going to get far along down the street before I break down, and I was right. About half way down I couldn’t hold it in anymore, and just sat in the middle of the sidewalk crying and screaming. When I finally feel like I can breathe a little, I start walking again, but by the time I get home I’m ready to break down again. I walk up the steps to my apartment and go in and straight to my bed. I stay up the whole night crying and touching my shoulders where Hunter pushed me.
When I wake up in the morning, I go to the mirror and try to fix my puffy red eyes. After about 20 minutes, I give up. Red eyes from a sleepless night; let alone eyes from a sleepless night full of tears was not fixable. I got dressed, and decided to take a walk. As I walk out my door, I stop because at the foot of the stairs are a bouquet of red tulips (my favorite flowers). I pick them up, and smell them. As I pull back, I notice the note nestled into the middle of the bouquet. I pull it out, and freeze.

Jasmen, I am so sorry. I really hope that you forgive me. I love you. Call me please(: -Hunt.

I don’t really know what to think. I know that I should call him, but… I don’t know if I want to yet. He pushed me yesterday. Should I go back to that? I love him that much I know, but what if I go back to him and it gets worse? What then?

Just as I am thinking all of this, my phone rings.

“Hello?”

“Jasmen?”

“…Hunter?”

“Jasmen! Please listen to me. I am so sorry about yesterday. I made a mistake. I was stupid and reckless and I am so sorry! I love you so much.”

“Hunter listen, I-”

“Wait, I know that you probably won’t forgive me, but I am really sorry! I didn’t think-”

I sit down on the first step and start talking.

“Hunter…I know that you are sorry and that you love me, but when you pushed me…I couldn’t believe that you would ever do that. I didn’t see you as that kind of person. I don’t know what to say. I just…I can’t be with you Hunter. I can’t put myself through that. You didn’t even know when we got together, or how long ago we got together. There hasn’t been anything between us for a long time hunter.”

“Are you breaking up with me? Please, Jasmen! We can work this out! We have been together for three years, and if we have made it this far, then we can make it farther. Can we at least go somewhere and talk about it?”

“Um…can you meet me at the coffee shop around the corner from my house in twenty minutes?” I ask.

“Of course. Twenty minutes. Okay. I’ll see you then.”

“Okay. Good bye.” I hang up and go back inside. I hate that I feel like I have to go and put on make up on just to go and see Hunter, but I do.

This is a lot like a relationship that I once was in...I didn't realize that I could let go...