P.S Remember Me Always | Teen Ink

P.S Remember Me Always

September 1, 2009
By NeverSayNever GOLD, Lumby, Other
NeverSayNever GOLD, Lumby, Other
12 articles 1 photo 34 comments

“Remember?” I ask for what seemed the thousandth time.
“I’m sorry, no” Nate answers, sending my heart into hell. This is pointless; he isn’t ever going to remember me.
“Okay,” I sigh, holding back tears. Once upon a time Nate loved me, until he drove into a tree. That made his memory of the last two years to be erased. Sadly, I met him only a year before the accident, so he doesn’t remember me. Whoever said love conquers all never had to deal with memory loss.

“I’m sorry, really. But it’s all just a blank,” I looked into his chocolate brown eyes. Oh, how I wanted for him to hold me close. A sharp pain ran through my chest just at the thought of lying in his arms. A single tear escaped my eyes, rolling down my cheek onto the ground below.

“I guess this is goodbye then,” I whisper. Pain crossed his features. He may not remember our love, but we somehow managed to become close friends through everything. I was the only one who hadn’t given up on him, but I just couldn’t take it no more.

“Please don’t say that,” He breathed. I watch tears spill over his eyes. I raised my hand and wiped away his liquid pain, and then I leaned in and kissed his cheek. Finally, I walked away from my lost true love.

Will I love again? Maybe. Will I ever love someone as much as Nate? Never.

**********4 years later************

“Nate!” I run across the green grass into his arms.
“Lora,” He whispers in my ear. I could stay in his arms forever. But the tug on my skirt causes me to pull away and crouch down. Two big blue eyes stared back at me, the same colour as my own eyes.

“Melody, I want you to meet Nate.” My daughter of two and a half years reached for my hand. Then I watched as she looked up at the man above her.
“Hwello,” She said. I giggled at how she always pronounced her words with an extra W.
I looked up towards a smiling Nate. I had never told him that I had a child after I left him behind.
“Hi there,” I felt my heart leap when I looked at his wonderful smile. A smile he had once gave me when we had been in love. But that was the past.

“Melody, why don’t you go play while Nate and Mommy talk?” Melody smiled at me, then rushed towards the playground, brown hair flying behind her the whole way. I let out a sigh and headed towards a nearby bench.

“I’ve missed you,” Nate reached for my hand.
“How can you miss something you can’t even remember?” I mutter thinking foolishly that he can’t hear. But then I felt his hand pull away. I turned to see he had placed his face within both hands.

“That’s just the thing,” Nate raised his head and looked intently at me.
“Huh?”
“I called you here for two reasons, Lora. One, I missed you. Two, I think I remeb-
“Don’t,” I whisper, tears filling my eyes.
“Don’t?”
“Please, just don’t. Don’t say it,” Tears began flowing, with no hope of stopping.
“Why?”

“Because I don’t love you anymore.” I breathe. I could hear my heart breaking, but it had to be said.

“I’m sorry,”
“I’m not,” I lied.
“Please don’t leave!” He cried. My heart told me to turn back and run to him. But my brain knew better. I knew he would hurt now, but if I stayed he would be worse later.

“Melody lets go home!” I called to her. She ran over and took my hand. Then she turned back towards Nate. Then she turned back to look at me.
“But mommy, you said daddy was coming with us,” She whined.

“Daddy doesn’t remember.” I lied for hopefully the last time.

*********10 years later************

“Nate Stone?” I ask a tall man standing in the open doorway.
“Yes,” I couldn’t help but gasp.
“Dad!” I ran into his arms. He was surprised, I could tell. I pulled back slightly, tears of both pain and happiness running down my cheeks. “It’s me, Melody!”

“Melody?” He said, shocked.

“Wait, I got something.” I began to search through my backpack. Finally, I found the thick envelope with Nate written across it.

“Here, it’s from mom.” I say while handing him the heavy letter. I watch as he ripped it open, and tears forming in his brown eyes while he read my mother’s heart spilled on a piece of paper.

Dear Nate,

If you are reading this it mean I have passed away. I’m sorry that I never told you I was dying. Soon after Melody was born I was diagnosed with a form of cancer. I was then given four more years to live. So the last time I saw you I promised myself that even if you remembered by then I would leave. I didn’t want you to go through the pain of my death, so I let you believe that I had forgotten our love. Which was a lie; I never have stopped loving you. But I loved you so much that I couldn’t let you suffer such heartbreak. When I die, Melody will be sent away to live with my sister until she is thirteen. Then I will send her out to deliever my letter, and find you. After that the choice is yours, if you wish to keep her. Her father left us before she was even born, but I have said you were always he dad. Please forgive me. I hope that your life will be a good one without me. I’ll always love you.
Your lost love,
Lora
P.S Remember me always

He finally looked up after many minutes of silence.

“When?” He breathed.
“The doctors were off by about a year and a half. She died two months after we came to visit you,”

“You have her eyes,” Nate whispered before embracing Melody, the daughter of his long lost love.



Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 108 comments.


arixx96 said...
on May. 13 2011 at 12:46 pm
arixx96, Roslyn, New York
0 articles 0 photos 3 comments
Wow, the end was so powerful! Lovey story. It really touched my heart. Keep writing!

on Apr. 21 2011 at 7:03 pm
lexi1313 BRONZE, Aslkdfj, Texas
1 article 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
what u can tolerate u can not change..

I love this! YOU ROCK! Keep writing Please!!!!

on Mar. 30 2011 at 4:18 pm
heiwagirl SILVER, Enumclaw, Washington
6 articles 0 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
You just have to live your life not careing what they think and just shake off the drama and prove to them that you are better than they think you are.

I was truly touched by your story. really really beautiful one of my favorites great job :)

amondal SILVER said...
on Mar. 26 2011 at 8:59 pm
amondal SILVER, King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania
5 articles 0 photos 27 comments

this is so sad, but romantic!!

i really hate it when people die in love stories....i guess i'm just a sucker for happy endings! but great story!


alone</3 said...
on Mar. 21 2011 at 6:46 am
OhMyGosh this was suh a beautiful story, but at least he can hold onto Melodyy even if youu couldnt hold onto your lost love(:Youu should carry on writting your work is amazingg(:

on Mar. 8 2011 at 11:31 am
truelove4ever222 SILVER, Crosby, Texas
8 articles 2 photos 15 comments

Favorite Quote:
Daughters of jerusalem, I charge you by the does and gazelles of the field; Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires. -Song of Songs 2:7

This story is so beautiful. Really, you did an excellent job.

on Feb. 14 2011 at 7:35 am
whyshouldIlove SILVER, Algiers, Other
6 articles 4 photos 56 comments

Favorite Quote:
Three can keep a secret if two of them are dead. Benjamin Franklin

ooooh gosh <3

on Jan. 14 2011 at 7:08 pm
msoccerm345 SILVER, Grimes, Iowa
7 articles 0 photos 68 comments

Favorite Quote:
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

oh my goodness i am such a baby! i bawled! this is sooo sad! but its absolutly beautiful...

on Jan. 1 2011 at 6:41 pm
PoetLaureate07 PLATINUM, Aberdeen, Mississippi
32 articles 0 photos 246 comments

Favorite Quote:
To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing..

one has to agree totally!!! this was a wonderful read!!

on Jan. 1 2011 at 5:27 pm
SoftballismylifeBobo5 SILVER, Byron, New York
5 articles 0 photos 27 comments

Favorite Quote:
those who mind dont matter those who matter dont mind; you will always miss 100% of the shots you dont take; forget the risk take the fall if its what you want its worth it all<3

oh my god i almost started crying. this is so sad, but it is a very cute story. please write another!!!!!!!!!!

on Jan. 1 2011 at 3:05 am
Supriya PLATINUM, Palampur, Other
20 articles 1 photo 25 comments

Favorite Quote:
Poetry spills from the cracks of broken heart, but flows from the one which is loved.

I almost cried after reading this :( This story is written very appropriately... According to me, you should exapand and turn it into a novel.. It'd be really very interesting!

Cailon. BRONZE said...
on Dec. 10 2010 at 1:25 pm
Cailon. BRONZE, Manistee, Michigan
3 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Its your life, live it to the fullest."

this is such a good story, i loved it so much. :)

on Nov. 18 2010 at 7:45 pm
meganwagner21 PLATINUM, Old Bridge, New Jersey
42 articles 0 photos 139 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Sometimes good things have to fall apart so better things can fall together." -Marilyn Monroe
"Nobody can go back and make a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." -Maria Robinson

really gud and moving ! i love it

ris829 SILVER said...
on Nov. 5 2010 at 4:01 pm
ris829 SILVER, Northidge, California
7 articles 0 photos 18 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Live as if your dying"

Wow! I love this, this is amazing!!! I got chills while reading this and teared up a lot

haleyy. SILVER said...
on Oct. 27 2010 at 5:35 pm
haleyy. SILVER, Daleville, Alabama
9 articles 1 photo 25 comments

Favorite Quote:
If you have enemies it means you fought for something in your life.
- Eminem

i teared up while reading this.! you are a really good writer.! and this is such an amazing, beautiful story.!(:

trblue GOLD said...
on Oct. 11 2010 at 8:47 am
trblue GOLD, Richmond, Virginia
14 articles 7 photos 141 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother@#?!&* upside the head. "

over the summer i pulled some teenink stuff off the internet, and this pice of work was decided. i loved how it was everlasting love.

on Sep. 18 2010 at 12:54 pm
PinkeyPromise13 SILVER, Cayce, South Carolina
9 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Ive got my mouth. Its a weapon. Its a bombshell. Its a cannon. Ive got my words."

This is suck a sad story. I could almost feel the pain, and by the way, nice username haha

on Sep. 13 2010 at 8:17 pm
sparkofheart GOLD, Plymouth, Minnesota
16 articles 2 photos 253 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Always" - Severus Snape

*OMG* i feel like sobbing! that was so amazing i loved it. great work :') check out my work too please!

on Sep. 13 2010 at 2:45 pm
Amanda24 DIAMOND, Lynnfield, Massachusetts
81 articles 14 photos 26 comments

Favorite Quote:
" Move on. It's just a chapter in the past. But dont close the book, just turn the page.

very touching I really loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!

AwesomeMe said...
on Sep. 10 2010 at 7:01 pm
That story was one of the best I've read... worthy of publishing! I felt like I was in the characters shoes, like I was the mother who was so disappointed when her true love had forgotten her. Your writing piece is amazing I hope you will continue writing such wondeful pieces of writing. ^.^