P.S Remember Me Always | Teen Ink

P.S Remember Me Always

September 1, 2009
By NeverSayNever GOLD, Lumby, Other
NeverSayNever GOLD, Lumby, Other
12 articles 1 photo 34 comments

“Remember?” I ask for what seemed the thousandth time.
“I’m sorry, no” Nate answers, sending my heart into hell. This is pointless; he isn’t ever going to remember me.
“Okay,” I sigh, holding back tears. Once upon a time Nate loved me, until he drove into a tree. That made his memory of the last two years to be erased. Sadly, I met him only a year before the accident, so he doesn’t remember me. Whoever said love conquers all never had to deal with memory loss.

“I’m sorry, really. But it’s all just a blank,” I looked into his chocolate brown eyes. Oh, how I wanted for him to hold me close. A sharp pain ran through my chest just at the thought of lying in his arms. A single tear escaped my eyes, rolling down my cheek onto the ground below.

“I guess this is goodbye then,” I whisper. Pain crossed his features. He may not remember our love, but we somehow managed to become close friends through everything. I was the only one who hadn’t given up on him, but I just couldn’t take it no more.

“Please don’t say that,” He breathed. I watch tears spill over his eyes. I raised my hand and wiped away his liquid pain, and then I leaned in and kissed his cheek. Finally, I walked away from my lost true love.

Will I love again? Maybe. Will I ever love someone as much as Nate? Never.

**********4 years later************

“Nate!” I run across the green grass into his arms.
“Lora,” He whispers in my ear. I could stay in his arms forever. But the tug on my skirt causes me to pull away and crouch down. Two big blue eyes stared back at me, the same colour as my own eyes.

“Melody, I want you to meet Nate.” My daughter of two and a half years reached for my hand. Then I watched as she looked up at the man above her.
“Hwello,” She said. I giggled at how she always pronounced her words with an extra W.
I looked up towards a smiling Nate. I had never told him that I had a child after I left him behind.
“Hi there,” I felt my heart leap when I looked at his wonderful smile. A smile he had once gave me when we had been in love. But that was the past.

“Melody, why don’t you go play while Nate and Mommy talk?” Melody smiled at me, then rushed towards the playground, brown hair flying behind her the whole way. I let out a sigh and headed towards a nearby bench.

“I’ve missed you,” Nate reached for my hand.
“How can you miss something you can’t even remember?” I mutter thinking foolishly that he can’t hear. But then I felt his hand pull away. I turned to see he had placed his face within both hands.

“That’s just the thing,” Nate raised his head and looked intently at me.
“Huh?”
“I called you here for two reasons, Lora. One, I missed you. Two, I think I remeb-
“Don’t,” I whisper, tears filling my eyes.
“Don’t?”
“Please, just don’t. Don’t say it,” Tears began flowing, with no hope of stopping.
“Why?”

“Because I don’t love you anymore.” I breathe. I could hear my heart breaking, but it had to be said.

“I’m sorry,”
“I’m not,” I lied.
“Please don’t leave!” He cried. My heart told me to turn back and run to him. But my brain knew better. I knew he would hurt now, but if I stayed he would be worse later.

“Melody lets go home!” I called to her. She ran over and took my hand. Then she turned back towards Nate. Then she turned back to look at me.
“But mommy, you said daddy was coming with us,” She whined.

“Daddy doesn’t remember.” I lied for hopefully the last time.

*********10 years later************

“Nate Stone?” I ask a tall man standing in the open doorway.
“Yes,” I couldn’t help but gasp.
“Dad!” I ran into his arms. He was surprised, I could tell. I pulled back slightly, tears of both pain and happiness running down my cheeks. “It’s me, Melody!”

“Melody?” He said, shocked.

“Wait, I got something.” I began to search through my backpack. Finally, I found the thick envelope with Nate written across it.

“Here, it’s from mom.” I say while handing him the heavy letter. I watch as he ripped it open, and tears forming in his brown eyes while he read my mother’s heart spilled on a piece of paper.

Dear Nate,

If you are reading this it mean I have passed away. I’m sorry that I never told you I was dying. Soon after Melody was born I was diagnosed with a form of cancer. I was then given four more years to live. So the last time I saw you I promised myself that even if you remembered by then I would leave. I didn’t want you to go through the pain of my death, so I let you believe that I had forgotten our love. Which was a lie; I never have stopped loving you. But I loved you so much that I couldn’t let you suffer such heartbreak. When I die, Melody will be sent away to live with my sister until she is thirteen. Then I will send her out to deliever my letter, and find you. After that the choice is yours, if you wish to keep her. Her father left us before she was even born, but I have said you were always he dad. Please forgive me. I hope that your life will be a good one without me. I’ll always love you.
Your lost love,
Lora
P.S Remember me always

He finally looked up after many minutes of silence.

“When?” He breathed.
“The doctors were off by about a year and a half. She died two months after we came to visit you,”

“You have her eyes,” Nate whispered before embracing Melody, the daughter of his long lost love.



Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 108 comments.


on Oct. 22 2012 at 7:00 am
JuliaRuby SILVER, Melbourne, Other
8 articles 0 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you will land among the stars
By Les Brown

Im sobbing. Beautiful writing x

on Sep. 8 2012 at 7:50 pm
angel_of_silence PLATINUM, Cotulla, Texas
24 articles 0 photos 62 comments

Favorite Quote:
“The boy never cried again, and he never forgot what he'd learned: that to love is to destroy, and that to be loved is to be the one destroyed.” -Jace Wayland City of Bones

this story was amazing. the ending totally caught me off guard

on May. 11 2012 at 8:17 pm
_ella_herondale BRONZE, San Diego, California
4 articles 2 photos 222 comments

Favorite Quote:
"...If the Thames that ran beside them...recalled a night where the moon shone as brightly as a shilling on the same boy and girl... and thought to themselves, 'at last, the wheel comes full circle,' they kept their silence."

O this is so amazing. I think I started crying! Sooo beautiful!!

on Feb. 23 2012 at 9:17 am
MistrBrighterside BRONZE, Bethel, New York
1 article 0 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Move on. It's just a chapter in the past. But don't close the book, just turn the page." ~ Anonymous

omg words cannot even begin to describe how well this was written.

on Feb. 1 2012 at 3:37 pm
laurensoccer SILVER, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
8 articles 0 photos 67 comments
This is one of the most beautifully stories ever. Iam speechless and cried throughout the story. Thank you for writing. This story ....... is amazing

on Nov. 27 2011 at 4:59 pm
selahoverrated GOLD, Mt Sidney, Virginia
11 articles 0 photos 43 comments
that was beautifull i cant say anything else

MyBlue. said...
on Nov. 23 2011 at 9:13 pm
MyBlue., Overland Park, Kansas
0 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The best way out, is through"
Robert Frost

Im crying...That was beautiful.

on Nov. 5 2011 at 11:55 pm
Kat4ever333 GOLD, Orange, California
14 articles 35 photos 104 comments

Favorite Quote:
I make dark things beautiful and beautiful things dark!
-Kerli I.L.U

OMG i just cried! soooo cute and adorable and...and...and idk it was just sooooooo AMAZING

on Nov. 5 2011 at 10:09 am
LetsFlyAway_ BRONZE, Dallas, Texas
1 article 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"3 things I want in a relationship: Eyes that wont cry, lips than wont lie, and love that wont die"* Wiz Khalifa

i love it  !

on Sep. 22 2011 at 7:35 pm
ZebraDiva BRONZE, Queen Creek,
3 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
if u dont know where u stand with someone then its about time to stop standing and start walking and tell that person i am dont standing i am moving on now

it was so amazing i feel that everone should have a love story when the are about to die i cryed but it was beautiful =)

on Aug. 9 2011 at 6:07 pm
MiNdLeSsLuVeRgIrL BRONZE, Kenly, North Carolina
4 articles 0 photos 120 comments

Favorite Quote:
If you love something let it go, if it comes back its yours if it doesn't, it never was!

Love it but so sad

 


on Jul. 21 2011 at 5:11 pm
NeverSayNever GOLD, Lumby, Other
12 articles 1 photo 34 comments
Hi, thank you for all the comments, this is very old, rough work but it is nice to see people still see a beauty to it :) The thing is, I no longer intend to post any work on this website, though more of my work can be found at inkpop.com under the username Confused Emotion. Thank you for anyone who takes the time to read this!

ashlove01 said...
on Jul. 18 2011 at 9:19 pm
omg! u are truly good i started cyying when i read it and my famliy thought i was crazzy!

on Jul. 18 2011 at 3:58 pm
singingwriter14 BRONZE, Chester, New York
2 articles 0 photos 42 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Some days you're the statue. Some days you're the pigeon."

Wow. This was truly heart breaking. Nice work. You are a very gifted writer :-)

on Jul. 18 2011 at 2:18 pm
NKsunshine BRONZE, Palatine, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 75 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I don't need easy, I just need possible!" ~Bethany Hamilton

Tears are still dripping down my face....<3

on Jun. 26 2011 at 5:43 am
ClaraRose SILVER, Glasgow, Other
7 articles 0 photos 108 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It's not what we are born, but what we grow to be."

"you think that because I am Poor, Obscure, Plain and little, that I am Soulless and Heartless. I have just as much soul as you and full as much heart"

I like that you have structered your story to show different persepectives in different time frames, but you have sone it skillfully not done a botched job. All I would say is give some background information on your characters so we can related more with them. 
Well Done:)

MzKayDIVA said...
on Jun. 4 2011 at 6:55 pm
i was about 2 cry 2 OMG!!!

Ashley1995 said...
on Jun. 2 2011 at 2:26 pm
Ashley1995, Plymouth, Other
0 articles 0 photos 6 comments
Its such an amazing story... I loveverything about it... please keep writing love to here more :)

on May. 14 2011 at 1:14 am
booklover104 BRONZE, Stockton, California
4 articles 0 photos 54 comments

Favorite Quote:
I have a couple of quotes i like... \"Success is not a doorway it\'s a staircase\"
2. \"Everything happens for a reason\"
3.\"Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have\"-Thomas Edison

awww...this is so sappy! i cried =) nice job

 


ninfis9 BRONZE said...
on May. 13 2011 at 9:41 pm
ninfis9 BRONZE, Guatemala City, Other
1 article 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.

-T.E Lawrence
"Break the chain, make the change"
Aspire to inspire!

I really enjoyed reading your story. It is very well developed and I have to admit my heart cried as I read it. I'd like to read more of your writing and you should turn it into a whole novel, like others said. Keep it up.