Revenge on Him | Teen Ink

Revenge on Him

April 25, 2023
By Cherries29 SILVER, Kearney, Missouri
Cherries29 SILVER, Kearney, Missouri
6 articles 4 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
“I have not failed 10,000 times—I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work.” -Thomas Edison


I never thought I could feel such betrayal, such hatred towards the boy I once loved. He used to be kind and sweet. His light brown hair and light scattering of freckles gave him an innocent look but he ruined it. Those fantasies I had of us running off into the sunset were all lies and one-sided emotions. 

The glittering green emeralds that were his eyes never seemed to have left me. But I know why now. They were waiting. Calculating what he would do next. Where he would strike me hardest to take me down. Where to break my soul. The loving gaze was never of love. It was a sinful stare that tore into my heart and buried itself there disguised like a handsome boy. But that’s not the truth. It never was. 

All feelings towards him were blasted to dust the moment he made his move. The one step he took from my arms to hers were like knives in my chest, heart, and mind. How I ever thought I could be in love with a boy so perfect is beyond me. All I was ever really worth was twenty dollars in a bet. But I don’t think they thought I’d get them back. 

They probably thought I’d never have the guts, never have the right type of mindset to pull something off but you don’t read eight books a week and not have a few ideas. 

I stare down his buddies across the hall and don’t flinch as I walk past them. They may not be the football boys but the nerds in our school won the state wrestling championship bringing them to a close second. They could turn everyone against me in a heartbeat. So I’d have to play this carefully.

I see his face hovering over the thrall of students. I used to like his height because I could always find him, but now I see it as an advantage to my enemy. He doesn’t glance my way. His eyes pass over me but they move on as if I’m the most insignificant person in the world. Like I hadn’t had my first kiss with him. Like we hadn’t exchanged hundreds of texts to each other and secret notes with phrases of “I love you” and “Beautiful.” I see him settle his eyes on her. The whole reason for the whole betrayal in the first place. 

I see them together and just know who I would take out my revenge on. Who would take credit for every single thing he had put me through in the last few weeks and wait out the aftermath. I move closer and make my move, starting the whole cycle of revenge.