An Unknown World | Teen Ink

An Unknown World

March 13, 2015
By HeatherTucker SILVER, Hayward, California
HeatherTucker SILVER, Hayward, California
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We accept the love we think we deserve"


 Jamie had grown up in a friendly neighborhood, with nice neighbors who had children her age. Kristen was Jamie’s older sister by three years. They had a great relationship throughout their entire child hood, never fought much. Their parents were caring, the type who made grand meals every evening. Jamie had the type of family that would gather around the fire place after dinner, sipping their hot coco while reading individual books. It was a fairy tale.
When Jamie turned sixteen, she began to sleep for irregular amounts of time. Either she would be passed out for way over twelve hours or she’d be perfectly fine on just two or three. Whenever Kristen or her parents asked her about it, she’d dismiss them and say not to worry about it. Truth be told, Jamie was very worried about it herself. Soon after Jamie finished high school, her eighteenth birthday was approaching.
Aside from the unusual sleeping patterns, Jamie began to take notice of strange eating habits as well. She had a never ending appetite and didn't gain a single pound. She stayed a perfect one twenty-two. When it began, she’d eat just as much as any other person but refuse to eat any more because it felt so unnatural. When Jamie didn't curb her appetite her beauty would fade.
Jamie had long thick hair that flowed like chocolate silk down to the very bottom of her back. She was curvy, but modest. Her eyes were golden honey with swirls of mocha. The ivory of her face was speckled lightly just across the nose and cheeks with freckles. She was marvelous. But this would deteriorate quickly when she didn't eat; Jamie would need to eat constantly. 
For five years Jamie kept to herself, eating anything she could get her hands on. A few more years went by, and the entire time Jamie was able to sustain her beauty pretty well. Many rich men found they were drawn to her, and later Jamie found out that her beauty was a kind of power. She took advantage of them and they’d take her to fancy restaurants where she’d order what ever she wanted, sometimes the whole menu. At first Jamie was self conscious about doing that to one of her dates, but it was obvious that they were under some type of spell; they thought nothing of it.
When Jamie realized she wasn't aging it terrified her, but she loved the life she lived. It was going well and all her way. One night she received a knock on her door and a man was standing there. He addressed her by her name and said that he’d been watching her for a while. Said he knew what she was, and also knew that it was clear she didn't. Also that she can be better satiated on other things than human food. This piqued Jamie’s interest, so she let him in.
He told her everything. She belongs to a secret evolved race of humans that have been unknown to the general population of the human world. Jamie’s real world belongs in another dimension. She’s the key to saving all of the trapped souls on earth.