The Brave Princess | Teen Ink

The Brave Princess

By LadyWhimsy SILVER, Edmond, Oklahoma
LadyWhimsy SILVER, Edmond, Oklahoma

Once upon a time in a kingdom called Mysticia, there lived a princess named Melody. She was beautiful, smart, kind, hard-working and most importantly brave. It was the day of Melody’s sixteenth birthday. The whole kingdom was buzzing with excitement in preparation for Melody’s birthday. There were posters, drawing, flowers and all of Melody’s favorite books were being sold in the bookstores. Meanwhile in the castle… “Ow, that’s tight. Is really necessary for me  to wear this?” Melody asked frowning down at the dress, she was putting on. The dress had a bright pink torso with a light pink skirt, Melody thought she looked like a walking pink cloud. Her mother in a kind and gentle voice said: “Yes, you must look good for your big day.” “I know that Mom but is really necessary for me to wear this hideous dress?” Her mother sighs and asks “What would you rather wear?” Melody with some difficulty walked over to her closet and pushed all the dresses aside to reveal a beautiful white gown with small emeralds covering the collar and sleeves. There were also emeralds on the bottom that acted as trim. That night everyone went to the palace, they danced and laughed until midnight when a dragon attacked the palace. Melody was quick to act; in one swift move she through the skirt of her dress off revealing a pair of white leggings and a sword. Melody fought the dragon off and used her magic to repair the palace. The whole kingdom praised the brave princess and they all lived happily ever after.                                                                                         

I wrote this basing the princess off of what i wish real fairytale princess were like.