Kerfluffle, corgi hero | Teen Ink

Kerfluffle, corgi hero

By SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands
That glisten in dim candle play." -Janice T., Clockwork[love that poem, dont know why, im not steampunk]

Orange painted fluff with a white heart on her forehead, white paws, and white belly, and adorably short stumpy legs, almost as short as her tail. Her name was Kerfluffle, Pembroke welsh corgi of your dreams. Her tongue stuck out sideways, the cutest shade of pink, moist but not a hint of drool. She only has 3 legs, her right foreleg was amputated, but orange fur regrew over it. But those eyes… the eyes were just too much. Such love in the black depths, such loyalty, bravery. Such sass, intelligence, purity, energy. Those eyes were friendly and playful and totally beautiful. Quickly, tear your own eyes away before it's too late. I can't resist their suction. Turn your head, quickly, avert your eyes! Dry the tears their only the most perfect raven black eyes you'll ever see! I can't resist. No, please! I specifically told you to turn your eyes, you're as naughty as a corgi! I feel the pull. Were suddenly whirled in thru those beautiful, magical portals. Look back thru the raven windows. It looks like a memory of a jungle, but everything so tall! And the corgi still has 4 legs! We look up from the ankles of a pale-skinned girl to her brown hair and blue eyes. The corgi feels a powerful love towards her. We turn and see an Aztec temple. Our tail wags. There's another girl beside us, with blue hair and different colored eyes. But there's no focus on her, but on the black and white kitten on her shoulder. We feel a wave of resentment because we've been strictly forbidden to chase him. The girl with brown hair finishes talking and turns toward the temple, and they both walk in. with the cat we cant chase. What's the point of a cat if you cant chase him? We walk in. suddenly we hear a shift of stone grating against stone. We sense danger and smell fire a second before we see a flaming arrow dislodged. Things move in slow motion. The girl we love is shorter for humans and corgis are good jumpers. We leap as the flaming arrow flies straight for her eye. If it hits it will go directly to her brain. We throw our body between her and the arrow as the other girl stands there, too slow and shocked to do anything. It enters thru our ribs, almost grazing our heart, and sticks out at the shoulder. Things speed up and we feel an explosion of pain. We yelp and then the pain drives our vision dark. The next thing we see is the inside of a cage in a place with bright lights and a lot of cats and dogs. A strange person comes and feeds us. The next week the girl comes back, now dressed in black with short black hair and glowing yellow eyes. The people give us to her. She takes us to an unfamiliar room and puts us down. We stand up but fall over, unbalanced. We have 3 legs.

this is based on my pet corgi, kerfluffle, in a roleplay i do. that event happened thru my eyes a ways back so I decided to give kerfluffles perspective. the girl is Ravenn(i changed her name(used to be rachel) and appearance around that time to match her personality change), my character, and the one with blue hair is valerie and her kitten, tides. the roleplay is actually on teenink. whats your favorite dog? mines corgi I'm total corgeek, I know anything and everything about them but you probably don't want the history of the breed or a myth about them. should I compile my knowledge in another article?

SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands

yeah, i dont think i ever killed kerfluff

Lydiaq ELITE said...
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

The universe must be a teenage girl. So much darkness, so many stars.
--me

Ah such a sweet story.