New England Baptist Youth Conference | Teen Ink

New England Baptist Youth Conference MAG

By Anonymous

   Don't let the name fool you. This camp is not just for radical Baptists and religious fanatics; it's for everybody. If you seek a better relationship with God, go! If you want two weeks off from the pressures of life and family, go! If you want to have a real wild time for the last part of your summer vacation, go! If you have any doubts about how much fun you'll have if you do go, forget them! Oh, yeah, and go!

Every year NEBYC is filled with about 200 of the greatest campers, counselors and staff imaginable. Friendships made there at Oceanwood (in Ocean Park, Maine) are truly special and open.

Every day at Oceanwood begins with two short classes, most, but not all, pertaining to God. In these classes, campers play an active role in discussion. Then there is chapel, always run by a great storyteller, and also camp meetings, singing, and, of course, lunch. After lunch there are three or four great hours of free time when everybody is free to play volleyball, go horseback riding, catch some rays on the beach, or just hang out with new friends. The evening programs are also pretty cool. A concert and magician are only two of the things you will find this year. And afterward, more free time!

If you want to feel some of this great camp spirit, write to Jan Hryniewicz, TABCOM, 20 Milton St., Dedham, MA 02026. Do it! n