USDAN: A Summer Worth Waiting For | Teen Ink

USDAN: A Summer Worth Waiting For

By EstherSora GOLD, Woodside, New York
EstherSora GOLD, Woodside, New York

"U-S-D-A-N!"
It's the most common chant you will ever hear during the Summer.
A rural setting in the dark woods of Long Island, lies a 200 acres of not only land, but activities for almost 2,000 kids to discover new passions, advance in their skills, and create long lasting friends. It is here where I made great new friends whom I still communicate with and learned how to swim, dance, and not be afraid of the person I have become. Students can choose two different activities to do for the whole summer from late June to mid August, along with watching performances from famous celebrities and renowned musicians and artists, whether it's watching a scene from the Broadway show the "Hairspray" to being bedazzled by two NYC dancers tap dancing. Students choose from dance, music, art, and various sports; swimming is an optional activity for students everyday. It's no wonder why Usdan stands out as a valued summer camp by campers who have returned each and every summer. Usdan lets a kid- no matter what age, express their skills and knowledge, where every individual is valued and accepted. Usdan overrides all your past fears and let's you become a fearless being, it makes you acquire new and exciting experiences which will be remembered even after summer has ended.