Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End on PS4 | Teen Ink

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End on PS4

March 7, 2017
By e.wafer BRONZE, Tirana, Other
e.wafer BRONZE, Tirana, Other
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

If high quality, amazing level of details, intriguing story and interactive storytelling is what you are looking for, then Uncharted 4: A Thief's End is your game. It is a must play masterpiece that delivers a story that you don't want to end.


The story of Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End  is less of a tale for fortune and glory and more of a story about the characters when they’re all grown up.


After several years, retired fortune hunter, Nathan Drake, comes back into the world of thieves.  With the reasons much more personal than on the other series, Drake goes on a journey all around the world  searching after a fabled pirate treasure of a historical conspiracy.  Nathan’s biggest adventure will test his physical limits, his resolve, and in the end what he’s willing to sacrifice to save the ones he loves most.

     

Uncharted 4 is a unique game which makes you feel like you're part of the story. It keeps tension alive even in its most calculated moments, moving you from open areas to action sequences without disrupting your attention. It is a terrific game with all the smallest details from the environment to the animations made to enthral you.
However, Uncharted 4 has some issues. It is heavily scripted and is quite linear. There are problems with the edge detection and the cover system that can send you to the wrong obstacle or wall in the middle of firefights. In addition to that, as the story is as short as every other Uncharted, it leaves you with cravings more. The campaign can be finished in about 8 to 10 hours of gameplay. Another weak point is combat, it is competent and polished but not particularly original. But these flaws wash away because there’s always something incredible waiting around the corner.


The presentation of it all, the cinematography both in game and during cut scenes amplifies the wonder of this gorgeous world. There’s also amazing animations at play and it sets a new watermark for games. It has improved stealth and traversal system and it has a more open level design. Uncharted 4 has been compared to Tomb Raider but it overcomes its competitor in many ways, starting from the graphics to the story.


Naughty Dog has announced that A Thief’s End will be the last of the Uncharted series, by making us feel sad and yet amazed by the wonderful end of the series that was presented to us.


  Uncharted 4 gave me satisfaction as I played it. It was a wonderful continuing of the story and it gave me the chills during some scenes.


I can’t describe Uncharted 4 as the perfect game though it comes close. The game carries on the series’ proud tradition of peerless polish. A remarkable game with an amazing story and most importantly, it’s a gentle send off to the group of characters we’ve known for nine years. It makes it a worthy thief’s end, indeed.