Slay the Princess | Teen Ink

Slay the Princess MAG

November 25, 2023
By BananaN3rd ELITE, Clarksville, Tennessee
BananaN3rd ELITE, Clarksville, Tennessee
108 articles 9 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
If the pen is stronger than the sword, what am I supposed to do when the pen declares a war?


I am an avid fan of horror games, movies, and books. I love tracking new horror games and have so
many on my list that I should make a new calendar just for them. One of the most popular ones out there right now is “Garten of Banban.” If you haven’t heard of it, don’t look it up — trust me, you’re one of the lucky ones. Other games that I have enjoyed playing include “Poppy Playtime,” “Dark Deception,” and “Five Nights at Freddy’s.” The most recent one to catch my eye is “Slay the Princess.”

Out of all the horror games I’ve played over the years, “Slay the Princess” is the one that got me the most excited. The demo was absolutely amazing, with breathtaking graphics, incredible voice acting, and a storyline that will leave you in awe. I’ll do my best not to reveal any major spoilers, but I will mention a few things that you’ll encounter early on in the game.”

“Slay the Princess” does an exceptional job of incorporating time loops into the game. In every loop, you meet the Princess in the basement of a cabin in the woods, but she appears differently each time. Each loop ends with either you or the Princess dying, or both. The game offers so many different pathways and routes to take, and even the smallest change you make can alter the entire game. There are six final endings, but the route you take to get there can be one of the main 14, which can be split into about 60 if you count every single difference in the Princess’ behavior. Not to mention the couple hundred dialogue options, which give you some new information about either you or the Princess.

Game time is about 10 hours if you are going for all the different endings, and maybe about two to four hours until you get the first main ending, depending on which routes you’re taking. I would highly recommend playing the game for yourself, and if you don’t have the money, there are several different playthroughs of the game on YouTube.