Why the Xbox 360 Is Not the Perfect System | Teen Ink

Why the Xbox 360 Is Not the Perfect System

May 18, 2009
By Anonymous

Most people have an Xbox 360. A lot of people have a Nintendo Wii. PS3 sales are less then the 2 competitors. Since most people prefer e Xbox 360, it’s time for the PS3 to have the fame over the 360.
There are a lot of good things about the ps3 like the reflected shiny piano black color is like a mirror. Making decision is a problem so to get the best console; you have to compare the pros and cons. With my guidance, people can see why PS3 is better over the Xbox 360.
The disc for PS3 is called Blu-Ray disc and for the Xbox 360, it’s called DVD. Blu-Ray can hold up to 50 gigabytes while DVD can hold up to 10 gigabytes. That means the games and movies for PS3 can be longer with better graphics and since Blu-Ray came from Sony, Blu-ray cannot be on Xbox series.
The controller for PS3 is the same as PS2 except the “R2, L2” buttons are trigger and have a “PS” button instead “Select” button. For Xbox 360, the function of the controller is like PS2/PS3 because it was copy from Sony. The best part of the PS3 controller is the controller is wireless and can go up to 75 feet. To recharge the controller, just connect the USB type B to controller from PS3. But the 360 controller uses double A battery, also wireless but only goes up to 35 feet.
There is one major problem with the Xbox 360 “Red Ring of Death,” also known as “RROD.” This means if your 360 has 3 read lights, the 360 is dead. The PS3 on the other hand, has less then .3% failure rate while Xbox 360 has more the 10%. There have been reports of system failing after 2 or 3 weeks of play time after out of box.
If you have seen the price of PS3 and 360, you might think Xbox 360 is cheaper. You’re wrong. The PS3 now cost 400 USD (U.S. Dollar) while the Xbox 360 cost over 400 USD. Take for example the cheapest 360, 200 USD. Add the double A battery cost plus separate wi-fi connection that is around 100 USD now equal over 300 USD. Now add 50 USD per year for online and other separate stuff. Interested in 360 now?
Although the Xbox 360 online (Xbox Live) is better then PlayStation Network and has fees, The PSN is free. The PS3/PSN support internet browsing which you can go to any website wired or wireless using wi-fi. The 360 does not have internet browsing and does not have built-in wi-fi which the PS3 have so you have to buy a separate 100 USD wi-fi connection. Also the highest number of online player capacity for PS3 is 256 players for this new upcoming game called “MAG” while 360 highest is less then 40 players.
Even though the 360 is a good system, PS3 has more reason why to get the PS3 unless you want a system that breaks 2 weeks after out of box. If the PS3 is not what you prefer, get the Nintendo Wii. It’s great for family and it’s a family system.

The author's comments:
I wrote this because PS3 inspire to be a Japanese Nationlist because the PS3 is Japanese.

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 107 comments.


Freshdom said...
on Nov. 10 2011 at 1:00 am
Freshdom, Calexico, California
0 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.”

Every console has it's pros and cons. I really love the Xbox360, and i've owned this console for about 4 years now. However, i do have to accept that i would like to have a lot of the features the PS3 can offer.

bacecaptain said...
on Nov. 7 2011 at 1:55 pm

All of you have overlooked one of the best gaming systems ever with the best graphics, online play, sound, 3D capabilities, and FPS ever

THE PC

IF ONLY YOU UNDERSTOOD


on Oct. 14 2011 at 5:38 pm
I look at biased articles like these and laugh because not a single system is better than the other. There will always be pitfalls in our technologies, and while people say that the PC is superior, it's honestly not. PC games are limited to requirements, and to make the requirements, you blow obscene amounts of money in parts alone. The PSN is a solid network, but it's not perfect, and Blu-ray is from superior due to alarmingly small amounts of support from drive manufacturers. As for Live, while you pay through the nose for it's services, the online experience is generally enjoyable. Be knowledgeable of all of the pros and cons before purchasing a system, or in the case of this article, blatantly starting a flame war, and you'll be happy with your decision.

on Oct. 12 2011 at 3:26 pm
marcufenix BRONZE, Saguache, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
the reason XBOX 360 IS BETTER IS CAUSE HOW MANY TIMES HAS PLAYSTATION NETWORK WENT DOON

Yeahitsme said...
on Oct. 7 2011 at 1:49 pm
The reason people prefer 360's to PS3's is because 360's came out before. If it werent for that PS3 would be the preferred system

boardinfreak said...
on Oct. 6 2011 at 1:14 am
I think that the Xbox 360 is better cuz, better graphics, better online gameplay and some of the best games are mostly on Xbox e.g. Halo

Mr. awesome said...
on Sep. 7 2011 at 11:56 am
No xbox360 is better and always will be 360 for eva

on Aug. 19 2011 at 7:43 am
tomtamtimmy GOLD, Sydney, Other
17 articles 0 photos 49 comments

Favorite Quote:
you don't know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have

u personally think PS3 has better graphics. and, as mentioned, its blu ray discs can take more memory.

e.g. the game L.A noir only needs one disk to play on the ps3

on xbox, you need 3


L.B.C.. BRONZE said...
on Aug. 4 2011 at 11:36 pm
L.B.C.. BRONZE, Muskegon, Michigan
4 articles 0 photos 25 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Only you can be the change you want to see in the world." - Ghandi

You get what you pay for. The ps3 is better in my opinion, but at least where I live it is significantly more expensive than an xbox 360 or a wii. 

 


on Jul. 2 2011 at 6:46 am
Silent_Artist SILVER, Selma, North Carolina
8 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
"One day I'm gonna run away and never come back and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master" - Jimmy The Rev Sullivan. Not much of a deep meaning but it makes me laugh.

I have a ps3 and an xbox 360 and all I can say is.........PC beats them both :P Still i like online play and PSN=BOO!

on Jul. 1 2011 at 10:45 pm
PC all the way!! :3

cesar789 said...
on Jun. 3 2011 at 10:54 am
i like ps3, but i think 360 is way better. the graphics for xbox are so much better, and yes, we pay to play online but we pay so we get good connection, otherwise, it would free but the connection would suck like ps3, i say xbox!

on May. 2 2011 at 7:03 am
Sean1201 SILVER, Congers, New York
5 articles 0 photos 2 comments
so the internet doesn't stink? last time i checked the PSN is still down. but i guess you get what you pay for. beleive me there is a reason why it is free and thats because the data bases and support sytems are obsolete. the argument about games are just ignorant, both systems have incredible games and i wish that they sometimes would abolish this segregation of video games. i paid 400 for my ps3 and i am infuriated that i cant use it to its full potential. one more thing the writer mentioned blu ray discs. blu ray doesn't even play a role in the games they sell. games like call of duty will never adapt to only one console because the biggest companies are going for the biggest sales.

on Apr. 1 2011 at 8:39 pm
Kaitou_Kid BRONZE, Yorkton, Other
2 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Because with a keen eye for details, only one truth, will prevail." - Shinichi Kudo

Couldn't have said it better myself.

ALB99 BRONZE said...
on Mar. 31 2011 at 1:09 pm
ALB99 BRONZE, Houston, Texas
4 articles 0 photos 7 comments

wow a lot of hate is put into these comments, but if i had to decide ps3 is way better because i have experienced sony starting from the ps1 to the ps3, so wat you have kinect, every person i know that has it says it SUCKS we also have playstation home, MOVE, and blu-ray so sony upholds (also COD is better on ps3

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


on Mar. 27 2011 at 12:45 am
Kaitou_Kid BRONZE, Yorkton, Other
2 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Because with a keen eye for details, only one truth, will prevail." - Shinichi Kudo

First, the internet doesn't suck, it offers just as many features as the 360 does, but not quite as polished.

Second, The Kinect is not the saving grace for Microsoft. Sony was doing the same kind of thing with the Eye Toy around 2002 I believe. Not to mention it had weak launch titles, and it doesn't offer alot, besides terrible workout simulators.

Third, just because it has Halo and Gears of War does not make the 360 better by a LONG SHOT. Sony has alot of flagship titles that are just as good as what the 360 has.


on Mar. 15 2011 at 9:51 am
Flyleaf_Rules SILVER, Bridgeport, Connecticut
9 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
My love for you is like a fake rose.

It's not all about the online play it's also about the games that come out for each system and obviously xbox 360 has most of the best games to ever come out and they're making better ones as time goes by (for instance ninja gaiden 3 trailer on youtube)

Good2CU said...
on Mar. 10 2011 at 9:38 am
Good2CU, St. Paul, Minnesota
0 articles 0 photos 2 comments
UM you get free internet because the internet sucks and we also got KINECT which you dont need controlers and we also got HALO and GEARS of WAR

reaver BRONZE said...
on Feb. 28 2011 at 1:13 pm
reaver BRONZE, Evenston, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 13 comments
theres no 3rings of death

reaver BRONZE said...
on Feb. 28 2011 at 1:12 pm
reaver BRONZE, Evenston, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 13 comments
ps3 is better because you dont have to pay for internate and there 3rings of death and the storage systems works better