CSI: Miami | Teen Ink

CSI: Miami

This great CBS thriller is back for its sixth season and is better than ever! As a spin-off from “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation,” a Miami forensics team solves criminal cases using the most advanced technology and adept interrogation.

Once again, David Caruso plays the ingenious Horatio Caine, the head of the forensics team. The sharp Calleigh Duquesne, an interrogator and detective, is played by Emily Procter.

The setting of “CSI: Miami” is the beautiful city of Miami, filled with exotic beaches and blue-green water. Not only is the show filmed in a beautiful setting, but the suspense and drama incorporated into the plot make for an “on the edge of your seat” type of show. In addition, the crime team is extremely knowledgeable in handling criminal situations. There are many times when one of the CSI Agents comes into a one-on-one situation with a criminal, and uses pure psychology to manipulate the criminal into surrendering.

The amazing technology used by the CSI team can find almost any trace of evidence from a crime scene. Fingerprints, blood samples, hair samples, and even mathematical and physical equations are used to solve cases.

At times, “CSI: Miami” can be a bit gory, like at murder scenes and during autopsies, so I would recommend that small children do not watch this show. Additionally, children may have a difficult time trying to follow the advanced plot and dialogue of the show.

Overall, “CSI: Miami” is a terrific program with tremendous amounts of action and suspense. This show gives us a look at the complex system of investigation and forensics used in solving puzzling criminal cases.

on Mar. 24 2009 at 3:14 am
gosebmaster SILVER, West Hills, California
great review CSI: Miami is my favorite show and you clearly explained why