A Review on the Finale of 'Money Heist' | Teen Ink

A Review on the Finale of 'Money Heist'

June 12, 2024
By polinaperin PLATINUM, Espluegues De Llobregat, Other
polinaperin PLATINUM, Espluegues De Llobregat, Other
23 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.


Red jumpsuits. Salvador Dalí masks. For five glorious seasons, Netflix's "Money Heist" struck us with its bold visuals, dynamic characters, and incomparably intense plot. The show's titular heist reached new levels of tension in its final season, which arrived on Netflix on December 3rd, 2021. 

As the war between the gang and the police draws to a close, and the Professor enters the site of his grand plan for the first time, the story is far from its conclusion. At this point in the finale, Tamayo, head of the police investigation, is not ready to let the gang go until he locates the stolen gold, which, unbeknownst to him, is a fact that even the Professor is oblivious to, as it was stolen from him by his nephew shortly after having been extracted.

Alicia Sierra, police negotiator turned ally to the Professor, is conducting a mad search for the gold outside of the bank. The gang's last hope lies on her shoulders. Alicia's beginnings as Rio's torturer set her up to be despised. However, as she uncovers the corruption of her police force, she is forced to work with the Professor if she wishes to have any future for herself and her newborn daughter. The show's finale allows Alicia to truly shine and provides its audience with one of the most satisfying character arcs to ever cross our screens.

The emotional hit of believing that every one of our beloved characters has died is the most impactful moment of the show. To see the remaining members of the gang come out safely, and under the protection of those fighting to shut them down, was a beautifully executed moment and conclusion to the show's legacy.


The author's comments:

Red jumpsuits. Salvador Dalí masks. For five glorious seasons.