The Voodoo You Do | Teen Ink

The Voodoo You Do

May 5, 2011
By abstractintensity PLATINUM, Denton, Texas
abstractintensity PLATINUM, Denton, Texas
23 articles 1 photo 4 comments

I don’t know what to say. This show was beyond anything I could put into words. The lights, the stage, the crowd, they were all so perfect. But they couldn’t have been. If that was perfect, then I don’t even know any adjectives that could be used to describe Adam Lambert himself. His performance was the epitome of vocal perfection and flawless showmanship. Maybe nobody’s perfect, but Lambert is as close as it gets.


Lambert is unlike any artist I have ever seen. His voice sounds even better live than it does recorded. When you hear him belt out notes in “Sure Fire Winners”, it’s like nothing you could have heard on the album, and that’s part of what makes him such an amazing performer. He’s not afraid to switch things up and try something new, and it’s things like that which put Lambert into a category of his own, separating him from other pop artists in the industry today.


Fans lined up earlier than 8:00 in the morning, and for good reason too, it would have been nearly impossible to leave the concert unsatisfied. Lambert is determined to put on the best show possible for his loyal fans, and put on a show, he does.


During the first few notes of songs like “Down the Rabbit Hole” and “Voodoo” you can already tell that something magical is going to happen. All the elements of Lambert’s show come together to create one giant party full of glitter, ferocity, and lasers galore.


Don’t be fooled, though. The glittery rock god isn’t limited to dance-beats and “wailing”. As easily as he can grind his hips he can tone it down for strong, meaningful ballads. Unlike many other artists today, Lambert doesn’t stop at peppy, meaningless songs with just a pretty beat, (not that he has any, of course) none of his songs are about getting wasted, high, or just partying, their meanings run deeper than meets the eye, well, ears.


All in all, an Adam Lambert concert is a must-see experience, live or recorded, that can only be described as perfect and otherworldly. Be prepared to be transported to another world, a world lacking hate and intolerance. Lambert is spreading the word of love one city at a time. One thing is definitely for sure, not one 2010 tour could beat out Lambert’s Glam Nation tour.