Dream Street by Dream Street | Teen Ink

Dream Street by Dream Street MAG

By TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

Do you remember the days when boy bands ruled? No, I don't mean the Jonas Brothers or Allstar Weekend – I'm talking about the dancing/lip-syncing boy bands with corny rhymes and meaningless lyrics. You know, Backstreet Boys, 'N Sync, and New Kids on the Block. My favorite has always been Dream Street. Yeah, yeah, I know most of you are probably thinking, Who? Well, I don't blame you since they've only released two ­albums.

Dream Street were best known for their high-pitched, child-like voices. (Imagine that, the voice that made millions of girls fall in love with Justin Bieber existed long before him.) Dream Street fit every criteria for a boy band: they danced, they sang, their lyrics were corny and rhyming, they incorporated the name of their band into their songs (“Oh it's magic when we meet/Baby down on dream street”), and they sang about nothing but girls, girls, girls … but, hey, that's why we love them, right?

Well, that's why I loved them. Their music is high-­energy and perfect when you're upset, happy, in love, just got dumped, or are falling asleep. It's odd to find a band whose music you can listen to any time. This album reminds me of simpler times, before things got complicated. I like to listen to it at night and just forget everything.

If you were a fan of the boy band era, or if you just like happy-go-lucky music, “Dream Street” is for you.

Every girl has a favorite boy band and mine is "Dream Street". Let me know yours! :)

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"When it’

Well, thank you very kindly! :)

_helenhorton SILVER, Springfield, Ohio
i think dream street was okay and good descriptions