Miley Cyrus – The Time of Our Lives | Teen Ink

Miley Cyrus – The Time of Our Lives MAG

January 25, 2010
By JCMerak BRONZE, Reno, Ohio
JCMerak BRONZE, Reno, Ohio
3 articles 0 photos 10 comments

Even though I'm a guy, I am a huge Miley fan. And for me, her latest album, “The Time of Our Lives,” did not disappoint. That said, the CD is a somewhat rough transition into the rock genre that she wants to break into.

With some screaming, a few adult words, synthesized accompaniment, and of course the usual love songs, “The Time of Our Lives” has a metal feel to it. But the album also serves to promote Miley's new line of clothing.

This album didn't give me the real Miley vibe like her debut CD, “Breakout.” As much as I love these songs, I didn't feel that same connection. It didn't feel like these were her songs. In fact, if you look at the credits, she didn't write one except for “Before the Storm” (with the Jonas Brothers).

The single “Party in the USA” (that made number one on the Billboard Top 100 for eight straight weeks) is a great tune that will be played on the radio for years. It is the song she put the most heart into.

Overall the CD is entertaining and a great investment for Miley lovers, but I won't hype up “The Time of Our Lives” into something it's not. I believe in Miley, I love her music, and I can't wait to see what she has in store for us next, but I hope that her next album blows us all away.