mewithoutYou: It’s All Crazy! It’s All False! It’s All a Dream! It’s Alright! | Teen Ink

mewithoutYou: It’s All Crazy! It’s All False! It’s All a Dream! It’s Alright! MAG

By IgniteTheAirwaves PLATINUM, New City, New York
IgniteTheAirwaves PLATINUM, New City, New York

"Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody." -J.D. Salinger, Catcher in the Rye

MewithoutYou has drastically pulled away from their original sound, attempting to distance themselves from comparisons with Brand New and move toward a more indie approach to their music. While many find this change offensive, the more flexible listeners respect mewithoutYou's decision to turn away from their original screaming mash.
“It's All Crazy! It's All False! It's All a Dream! It's ­Alright” is spiked with numerous instruments, each complementing the song in its own way, whether it be a harp, flute, trumpet, electric guitar, violin, or a choral appearance. However, these many instruments always fit perfectly with the music around them.
Aaron Weiss's vocals are wiry and nasal, an odd voice if you've ever heard one. However, no vocals could be more perfect for this band.
All of the songs are lively save a few. “The Fox, The Crow, and The Cookie” is whimsical and purely joyous. “The King Beetle on a Coconut Estate,” the most impressive song on the album, is slower and more melodic, and conservative in a way. Then there's “Allah, Allah, Allah,” which feels like a jubilant sing-along.
But one thing all the songs have in common is the religious messages tucked within outstanding lyrics. Mewithout­You's approach is quiet and altogether a celebration of religious belief.
Any indie fan or any person in their right mind should appreciate this album.

I write music reviews for forthesound.com.

I absolutely love this band, their songs deliver a message in metaphors while being pleasant to listen to. I think that their best album had to be "Brother, Sister"

DonW. BRONZE said...
DonW. BRONZE, McDonough, Georgia
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
thats really good