Juicy | Teen Ink

Juicy

June 6, 2024
By Anonymous

"Juicy" is styled as a essay, Biggie is cultural icon who is know for his hits and how he was at rock bottom and how he got to the top of the world. This song is used as a "screw you" to all the people who doubted him, the song also reflects on his life when he was growing up and how he used to live compared to now. Since this song came out it has been a example of how people can get out of a bad situation and how "rapping" is a way out of a bad life, which was unheard of at that time. He called out the "Girls (that) used to diss me" and then showed how they changed when he got famous by "Now they write letters cause they mess me". These lyrics show how Biggie used to be treated and how everyone turned around when he got famous. He also talks about how he was "Considered a fool cause I dropped out of high school " and then shows how there was "sold out seats to hear Biggie Smalls speak". These lyrics showed how he was doubted and though of as a fool but then when he got famous there was stadiums sold out just to hear him speak.  He also gives respect to "Salt n Pepa", " Heavy D", " Mr. Magic" and "Marley Marl".

 

 He talks about how they  paved the way for him and how he used to listen to them growing up. Biggie was born and raised in Brooklyn and he talks about how he has ties to Brooklyn.

 

Biggie matters today because he shows how that no matter what you do no matter where you can do it. Also it shows how you should do anything if you keep your mind to it. This songs really hits for people who are at rock bottom and people who feel like they cant do anything in life because it like an example that you can do something and be succesful. Also this is an example for people who feel like everyone against them.

 

Biggie created a Golden age of hip-hop. With rappers like him and Tupac and their infamous hatred. Tupac and Biggie are the biggest east coast and west coast battle at that time. Bigger then the Celtics vs Lakers. They would diss each other so much that they made global. Every time they came out with a new song they would reference each other and that’s what created what this whole rap world is today. They are like Magic and Bird but for music. They popularized there own type of music.

 

You can see why "juicy" become a huge song. That made it global. The song effects everyone who listens. The lyrics itself are a example of perfect English. The way each word means to him. You can see that this song really effects people who really understand what he saying. "Juicy" means something to everyone. To some it might just be a random black guy that raps but to some it is writical perfection.