Goodfellas | Teen Ink

Goodfellas

By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey

Goodfellas is a classic movie depicting a typical mob. Based off of book, the story revolves around this kid who grows up in the mob and grows up to be a part of the mob. This young man quickly advances through the ranks and gains respect, through hard work and dedication. He loves the mob and, more importantly, the feeling he gets when he is respected. As an adult, he enjoys the money and the luxuries, and seems to be unaware of the crimes that he is committing. Almost oblivoius to the horrors that the mob commits, the guy does not even seem phased in the slightest bit. However, a drug addiction and a few costly mistakes end up causing him to unravel from his position near the top. His unraveling causes all of his hard work to essentially mean nothing. 

This movie is exciting, adventurous, part-mystery, part-thriller, and is just well done from start to finish. The visual effects are incredible and so is the acting. Robert De Niro is fantastic and he helps to propel this movie to the next level. This movie is truly deserving of the 96% rating that they earned from Rotten Tomatoes.