White House Down | Teen Ink

White House Down

White House Down is a political action-thriller movie that gives us a general idea of what would happen if the White House were ever taken over by terrorist. It showed that if the President and Vice President were killed then the Speaker of the House would take over as Commander and Chief. It also shows that people get involved with things and they want to get rid of one person and they hold a grudge against someone for something that could have impacted the United States greatly if they didn’t do something. John Cale is trying to better his relationship with his daughter by trying to get a job as a secret service guy. They go to the White House for his job interview and after his interview he tells his daughter he got the job but didn’t. They go on a tour and while on the tour they meet the President James Sawyer. Through the tour the Capital building gets bombed and his daughter gets lost. He goes to look for her. While he goes to look for her she takes a video of the terrorists and puts it on Youtube and then she gets caught by one of the terrorist. While he is looking for her he finds President Sawyer kidnapped by one of the terrorist. He gets him rescued and protects him almost till the end of the movie. One of the terrorist found out that John’s daughter was there. They were going to kill John’s daughter and they knew John had President Sawyer they threatened to kill his daughter. They needed President Sawyers hand print to launch nuclear missiles so he turned himself in so they wouldn’t kill Cale’s daughter. They shot President Sawyer and got his handprint but John Cale killed the guy before he could launch them. The Speaker of the House was in on the plan so he launched an airstrike on the White House to destroy the evidence that he was part of it. John told his daughter to run as far as she could away from the air strike but instead she waved the Presidential flag and called the airstrike off.