Iron Man | Teen Ink

Iron Man

When you hear the words Iron Man, you think about the marvel superhero. But when movie critics hear the words Iron Man, they think of the spectacular action movie. Recently, the PG-13 movie Iron Man was released all over the country. It definitely was a exciting event for many people from teens to adults. It stars many well known faces such as Robert Downey Jr. (Tony Stark, CEO of Stark Industries, a.k.a Iron Man), Terrence Howard (Tony’s right hand man and best friend), Jeff Bridges (the president of Stark Industries a.k.a the Iron Monger), and Gwyneth Howard (Tony’s personal servant also known as “Pepper”).

Tony Stark is one of the smartest people on the planet. With his knowledge, he follows in his father’s footsteps by becoming the CEO of Stark Industries. Stark Industries is a company that develops and sells weapons to the US Army. But one day while Tony is being transported back to the airfield after demonstrating his new bomb, the Jericho, to the Army, their convoy is attacked. Tony is kidnapped by unknown terrorists. He wakes up to find out that he has deadly shrapnel from the explosions of the kidnapping sinking into his heart. He builds a machine that builds a magnetic field that stops the shrapnel from killing him. He needs to escape the cave, so he builds the first Iron Man suit. With the help of Yinsen, another captive, he escapes the cave, but crashes in the desert. He is found by the US Army, and brought home. When he gets back, he decides not to build any more weapons. He instead builds another Iron Man suit, but it can not withstand the extreme cold of high altitudes, so he builds the Iron Man suit we all know, the red and gold suit. With this, he has some fun, but he then finds out that Obadiah Stane (Jeff Bridges) is selling his weapons to the terrorists who kidnapped him. Unfortunately, Obadiah finds out and builds and Iron Man suit, but calls it Iron Monger. He intends to build many suits to sell. Obadiah attacks Tony while both of them are in suits, but in the end, with the help of Pepper, Tony wins, and Obadiah is defeated.

This movie is a must-see, and with its great storyline, effects, humor, script, and so many other things, people of all ages will enjoy it.