Sleepy Hollow | Teen Ink

Sleepy Hollow MAG

Do you like movies withhorror, fantasy and romance? If so, see "Sleepy Hollow." Setin 1799 and based on the short story by Washington Irving, the filmstars Johnny Depp as Ichabod Crane, Christina Ricci as Katrina VanTassel and Christopher Walken as the Headless Horseman. MirandaRichardson co-stars as Lady Van Tassel.

Ichabod Crane is sent toSleepy Hollow to investigate a mysterious string of murders, allegedlycommitted by the Headless Horseman. He meets Katrina Van Tassel,daughter of Sleepy Hollow's wealthiest family. The murders keepoccurring, and Ichabod falls in love with Katrina.

The movie isfilled with great suspense; be prepared for frightful scenes ofdecapitations and gushing blood. If you can survive the horror, sit backand enjoy the love story that even grows amidst the murders. It is trulyamazing how director Tim Burton is able to combine love, horror,suspense and adventure into an exciting and entertainingmovie.

Is the Headless Horseman real? What does he want? Thesequestions will keep you engrossed until the conclusion.

This movieis rated R. Those under 17 must be accompanied by anadult.