Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe | Teen Ink

Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe

March 19, 2013
By Cranny BRONZE, McKees Rocks, Pennsylvania
Cranny BRONZE, McKees Rocks, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It’s the middle of the Second World War in England, and you are sent to the countryside with your three other siblings. You end up at a professor’s big house with nothing to do except play hide and seek. You go through the house looking for the best hiding spot, and end up in a room with a wardrobe in it. You enter it, and you stumble out into a snowy world. This is how the movie, Narnia: the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, begins.

This was one of the best movies I have ever seen. The plot and acting and actors are perfect, and they combine to make a wonderful motion picture. The movie is based off the book written by C.S. Lewis who is a world-renowned Christian writer. The story follows four children: Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy, as they enter and then travel through Narnia. Narnia is like our world but it is full of more fairytale type things, such as: unreal creatures, magic, and talking animals. The movie shows their interactions with the animals and people, as they travel to their goal of meeting Aslan, a Lion, the King of Narnia. They must go to him because the White Witch has taken over Narnia and has made it an endless winter. They must eventually meet her in battle to decide who is the ruler of Narnia.

This movie is wonderful and has many outlandish creatures in it, but it reflects a bigger story. The plot reflects the gospel and the characters reflect people in the Bible. This is the main reason I love this movie. Aslan is supposed to be like Jesus, the witch is like Satan, and the children are like humanity while the armies are like the angels and demons. This really helps reveal some biblical truths to the audience as well as providing great entertainment. I would recommend this movie to anyone and everyone. With its great story and wonderful acting it will be great for the whole family.