27 Dresses | Teen Ink

27 Dresses

The new romantic comedy, 27 Dresses, about a woman who has been a bridesmaid 27 times, came out on DVD in April.

“Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.” The tagline describes this movie well. Jane Nichols has been involved with weddings since her childhood. She also has been in love with her boss, George, since she started her job. Jane begins to slowly suffer when her sister becomes engaged to George. Then Jane meets charming Kevin Doyle who keeps insisting that she call him.

Anne Fletcher directed 27 Dresses as well as Step Up and did the choreography for Hairspray.
This movie stars Katherine Heigl as Jane Nichols. Heigl also stars in Grey’s Anatomy as Dr. Isobel ‘Izzy’ Stevens and in Knocked Up as Alison Scott. Heigl has been nominated for two Golden Globes and won one Emmy for outstanding supporting actress in Grey’s Anatomy. James Marsden, who plays Kevin Doyle, also starred in Enchanted as Prince Edward and in Hairspray as Corey Collins. Marsden won the Blockbuster Entertainment Award for favorite supporting actor for X-Men in 2001.
Malin Akerman plays Tess Nichols, Jane’s little sister. Akerman stars in The Heartbreak Kid as Lila. Edward Burns plays Jane’s boss in the movie and has also been in One Missed Call as Jack Andrews and in The Holiday as Ethan. Casey, Jane’s friend, played by Judy Greer has also been in the TV series Miss Guided as Becky Freeley, The Village as Kitty Walker, and 13 Going on 30 as Lucy Wyman.

27 Dresses should be nominated for many awards. This movie contains humor, romance, and drama. One pro about this movie might be the fairytale ending. A con may be the fact that it seemed to be over too quickly. 27 Dresses, a great movie, should be considered a classic for years to come.