The Holiday | Teen Ink

The Holiday

By StephanieMichelle GOLD, Bledsoe, Kentucky
StephanieMichelle GOLD, Bledsoe, Kentucky

The person, be it gentleman or lady, whom does not take pleasure in a good book must be incredibly stupid. --- Jane Austen

"The Holiday"

A woman who can't cry over a guy she lost and another who cries too much over a guy she never had switch lives for their Christmas holiday in hopes of getting away from their everyday pathetic normalcy. This is the synopsis of my new favorite movie, The Holiday, starring Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet as an American and Brit who both find themselves going through respective heartbreaks in the wake of their Christmas holiday. Their solution: switch houses, cars, and continents for Christmas. The results: total cinematic chick-flick gold!
I'll admit, I'm a sucker for a good chick-flick, and this one is pure movie magic. It's about leaving your baggage behind and moving forward with the life you've been afraid to live. Throw in hunky Jude Law and funnyman Jack Black and it just seals the deal. If you haven't seen it, then you're seriously missing out.
"The Holiday" is rated PG-13 for some brief sexual content (that involves Jude Law being shirtless if that helps) and strong language.