The Perks of Being a Wallflower | Teen Ink

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

By Anonymous_Love BRONZE, Lincoln, Arkansas
Anonymous_Love BRONZE, Lincoln, Arkansas

"Sometimes, love isn't so much about holding on, as it is letting go."-Anonymous

Based off a popular book, the new movie "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" was a movie I don't regret seeing. The movie has a powerful message that not many can forget.

"The Perks of Being a Wallflower" follows the story of a boy named Charlie, who is entering his freshman year after talking to very few people during the summer. Charlie is an outcast in his high school, something that we can all relate to at one point. Charlie doesn't get along with anyone, but then he meets Patrick. Patrick was a senior, who was stuck inside one of Charlie's classes. After meeting Patrick and talking to him at a football game, he also meets Sam who is also a senior.

The trio develop an unlikely friendship, and Charlie finds a group of people he finally feels happy with.

Charlie doesn't get the happy ending yet. Mary-Elizabeth, a girl with an attitude, goes to the dance with Charlie.

Sam is the one Charlie really likes. The friendship that has grown is suddenly shattered with a slip of the tongue.

With the absence of his friends, Charlie starts to sink into a depression that wasn't unknown before. Charlie vaguely hints at a terrible occurrence in his past--a past that is starting to haunt his mind.

With witty narration, "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" was a wonderful movie that I loved. It didn't get much publicity, so many people don't realize that this movie is out.

I believe that even if you're not a fan of movies, this is one movie that everyone should see.

The thing that impacted me the most was the statement, "We accept the love we think we deserve." If everyone realized this, maybe teen years would be easier.

The movie is well delivered with amazing over voice narration and screenplay. I will always recommend "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" with a smile on my face.

WalkingAlone said...
I thought the overview was really good. You gave just enough story to make it interesting but left out enough to make you want to still watch the movie.

Jasmyne said...
It was simply stunning.

NotQuiteDead BRONZE, Farmington, Arkansas
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

\"Love isn\'t always about holding on, but letting go as well.\" - Anonymous

Sounds good. :)