The Lion King | Teen Ink

The Lion King

March 28, 2023
By andrewm174565259832 SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
andrewm174565259832 SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Scar, a jealous heir to the throne lures the king's son, Simba into a canyon. Moments later a herd of stampeding wildebeests rushes through, but the young prince has no place to go. Out of nowhere, king Mufasa jumps down to the cavern, ending his life to save the future king. Today I am going to be telling you why The Lion King is such an awesome movie, and why I think everybody should see it for its humor, strength, and empathy.

The Lion King is a film that was made to be serious with a lot of goofy parts in it. There are a lot of funny songs, sung by the characters. There are also many laughable scenes with funny lines or goofy animations of the characters. In one scene about halfway through the movie, Simba, Pumba, and Timone start singing a song called “Hakuna Matata”, this song is awesome and comedic. While the movie is pretty goofy there is a lot of seriousness. 

This movie is very empathetic, there are so many parts of the film that can get you hooked. There are so many moments of failure and realization. There are scenes of affection and love. The lions especially have to endure a lot of loss. Loss of friends and family. Loss of care. Feelings of giving up. Feelings of power. The realization that we can forget about the past is one of the best things that makes this movie so good. The love among friends and family is unmatched. All these things together make this movie so strong.

The Lion King is a movie with a lot of strength to pull you in. It has so many learning moments for the characters and the viewers. It seems like in almost every couple of scenes you learn something new. There are also powerful fight scenes between lions. You see battles over power and battles over ideas. The aspect of destiny fulfillment in this movie is the theme, but the journey to get to that theme is the best part of the movie.

To sum up everything stated, The Lion King is one of the best movies of all time. It is funny, it's strong, and it is empathetic. The scene of king Mufasa's death hooks the audience immediately in the movie. The scene gives you an idea of what you might expect in the movie, but then the film is completely different, until the end. The end is the destiny fulfillment part of the movie. It's also when they decide to tie the beginning back into the film. While the movie was originally just made for kids, it is still enjoyed by adults all the time just because of how good and how meaningful this movie is.


The author's comments:

The lion king is an amazing movie