Kingsman: The Secret Service | Teen Ink

Kingsman: The Secret Service

Kingsman: The Secret Service is an action-packed spy adventure that combines together the wonderful city of London with a fast story, advanced technology and so much more as a modern group of spies is introduced to the world. The movie revolves around Gary Unwin, who is perhaps best known by his nickname of "Eggsy", who has a difficult life to put it simply. His father died when he was young, and this has resulted in his mother since being placed in an unhealthy relationship with a brutal boyfriend that only makes both of their lives worse. Furthermore, Eggsy doesn't have much of a potential future career, with no real plans of what he wants to do with his life, especially because he knows he has to help out his mother and younger sibling. In fact, Eggsy is actually headed for a life behind bars, due to previous trouble with the law. Eggsy is actually arrested when he decides to make the bold decision of contacting a friend of his late father. Although he had been told by this friend that he could be of assistance whenever needed, Eggsy didn't make much of it, only to be proved wrong. This friend, the well-dressed and well-mannered Harry Hart, actually saves Eggsy from having to live in a jail for a significant period of time and quickly reveals to Eggsy a great secret that will forever change his life. Eggsy quickly learns that his father actually died as a spy serving for a secret organization that helps to stop some of the world's fiercest villains, and this secret organization is the same place that Harry works for. Upon this bold discovery, Harry quickly recruits Eggsy to be a trainee in this secret service, which is called the Kingsman, and gives him a chance to forever change his life. Eggsy quickly follows in the steps of his father, attempting to join a prized job at the organization and transform into a force of good for humanity. However, as Eggsy tries to fix his own personal life, an unorthodox villain named Richmond Valentine puts his own plan into action, which would ideally solve the climate change problem for good, but Valentine's plan comes with a great, diabolical price. 

Kingsman: The Secret Service proves to be an action-packed adventure that is exhilarating and reinvents the spy genre in the process. Combining advanced weaponry with supreme fighting skills, the movie is able to elevate the meaning of what it means to be a spy flick, infusing plenty of spectacular character development and complex storylines to create a plot that shines throughout. The beginning of the movie does a brilliant job of introducing audiences to some concepts that will be later expanded upon, and all characters are given a chance to shine. The middle of the movie does a marvelous job of progressing the plot along and presents plenty of creative obstacles for all of the characters, while creating a significant amount of drama and intensity that captivates the audience's attention. Although the enticing ending of the movie does begin to unravel at times, starting to slightly shift away from the unpredictability and exciting components of some of the other focal points of the movie in favor of concluding the story, it does in fact tie up all loose knots. 

Kingsman: The Secret Service is a brilliantly unique adventure that is simply dashing, bold and a visual masterpiece that will be sure to please viewers. There's an unexpected amount of raw action, a deliriously high amount of history exposed with a completely fresh world of spies, and an unsurprising amount of elated entertainment. The movie understands that it is fundamentally trying to provide a wild film, which often balances between intelligent wit and simple joy, and the movie successfully infuses plenty of brutal violence to bring the whole entire story together, ensuring that the threat of death is made quite real. 
 Kingsman: The Secret Service combines together outstanding visual effects, original and unique spy concepts, a star-studded cast and so much more as it showcases how awesome the movie's secret service really is. Rotten Tomatoes gave the movie a high 74%, which is actually pretty impressive, and a whopping 93% of Google users liked the movie, signifying that this movie is a good fit with a wide variety of audiences. The stark balance between crime, science fiction and spy adventure helps to create an adventure that nearly has it all. Without a doubt, this is an absolute must-see. 

"Manners maketh man." - Harry Hart