The place where she longs to be | Teen Ink

The place where she longs to be

By julianidejesus BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
julianidejesus BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

Many recent disney princesses have been about being independent and doing things themselves. For a princess usually things come to you without having to try or even ask for it. But this one specifically is different, she is different.

The film was directed by Ron Clements and John Musker. As for Ron his birth name is Ronald Francis Clements, he also wrote and directed the films Hercules, Aladdin, and The Princess and the frog. And for John Musker who almost always co-directs with Clements. He as well directed Hercules. They both are known for creating great cartoons animation including the one made in 2016 called Moana which is what I'm reviewing. In the film it starts off with a young toddler being curious and not being attentive to the words she was being told. She felt as if she had a connection with the Ocean, it was calling for her. Was it trying to inform her something?

I am a fan of disney films, I think this one in particular is different. It has so much more meaning than it seems. It could teach the younger viewers on being independent, being determined to do better and not let others tell you, you can not follow your heart. I personally think it was a great movie, as a funny, adorable cartoon for children. Although it could be for teens and adults, it may be less interesting to any age over 13 because it's more meant towards an even younger audience, though it's enormously entertaining. 

The film mostly consists of adventure and exploring, not only physically but mentally as well. Moana takes a long adventurous trip to do what she believed was right despite what was said to her. Not only did she explore outside of her home, she explored her inner self. She found out who she was while out, she realized what she was capable of. Her strengths, intelligence and she put it to use for her a good cause. Her home, she tested herself to save her home, she achieved everything she was hoping for. 

I truly think it would be a great movie for anyone to watch. I think many females will be able to see Moana as a role model for them. I have personally learned that it is important to be strong and independent.She is a different type of princess and an independent character who has taught me things in a short time. I recommend you watch the movie if u have not.

This review is my honest opinion on the movie and why i recommend it to others.