Bohemian Rhapsody | Teen Ink

Bohemian Rhapsody

By hunterman2098 BRONZE, Pewuakee, Wisconsin
hunterman2098 BRONZE, Pewuakee, Wisconsin

The first time I heard that there was going to a movie made about the famous band “Queen” I was not too excited. The movie did not seem to stick out since I thought it would be just another documentary. After seeing the trailer and seeing queen's most famous song Bohemian Rhapsody the focal point of the trailer it made me interested. However a movie that is said to be one of the best documentaries needs to have a grabbing element. With this movie it was easy, one of the most well known bands.  Once I went to see the movie I was surprised to See how the plot layed out.The story is based off of freddie mercury the lead singer of queen, it follows his life and all of it ups and down. It also follows the band and how they got to be as famous and well known as they are now.

The movie would not be the same if it weren't for the actors and actresses, some names may not be be recognizable if you saw them.Some of the actors are: Aiden Gillen, Max Bennett, Radoica Jovanovic Meneka, etc. Don’t let that make you think anything less of the movie. With amazing acting in every scene it is hard to leave the theater during the movie. Rami Malek did a great job at portraying Freddie Mercury, There was nothing cheesy or underperformed. As far as the other actors and actresses they fit right along and made the movie a classic.  

It was not just acting that made this movie great. With great camera work every scene pulled you in and kept you connected to the movie. The way the camera pans out or follows people as they are performing is executed with perfection. When you really can appreciate the camera work is when the singers are performing on stage. With multiple camera angles and cameras following the singers it makes you feel as if you are watching the performance in real life.

Bohemian Rhapsody is a good movie to see if you like the band or just have an overall appreciation for music. With its unique cast and amazing plot this movie is a must see.The songs that are played in the movie are addicting to listen to and will be stuck in your head for a while. This movie is amazing to watch from a musical standpoint and seeing how the songs were made and performed.