Pulp Fiction | Teen Ink

Pulp Fiction

August 31, 2018
By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
678 articles 0 photos 8 comments

This is it. A movie that stood groundbreaking in 1994 that is still considered just as groundbreaking today, if not more. Pulp Fiction beautifully intertwines different stories to make one cohesive tale. Vincent Vega and Jules Winnfield are two hitmen that enjoy having philosophical discussions. Their story is combined with gangster Marsellus Wallace-a person not to mess with, a boxer named Butch Coolidge, a master of fixing things, Winston Wolfe, and a pair of armed robbers. 


 The dialogue of the movie is just fantastic and filled with quotable scenes. The ending of the movie is simply awesome and one of the coolest in history. Although, at first, the movie doesn't seem to have its scenes relate to each other, Pulp Fiction connects everything brilliantly. Critics gave this movie high marks across the board and rightfully so. There's lots of character development, lots of drama, some comedy, and the entire thing is done nearly perfectly. Even the name of the movie is fantastic. Named Pulp Fiction because of the use of violence and crime conducted by seedy characters, the title fits the characteristics of the film pretty darn well. There are tons of great quotes and iconic scenes, and most of this is made possible by the superb cast. The cast of the movie is incredible, and there are extraordinary performances by Samuel L. Jackson, Uma Thurman, and John Travolta. However, the iconic Samuel L. Jackson has arguably the best one in the movie, and his role is truly something special.

Pulp Fiction is known for the amount of barriers it broke. Instead of having one main protagonist, there are none of those; there is not one main character, but instead, there's a bunch of characters with equal roles, which was unfathomable at the time. Simply put, the movie is an absolute must see for just about anyone and everyone, assuming that they're okay with some explicit language, but if they are, they're in store for one of the greatest movies of all time. 


The author's comments:

Simply put, the movie is an absolute must see for just about anyone and everyone, assuming that they're okay with some explicit language, but if they are, they're in store for one of the greatest movies of all time.