The Guilt Trip | Teen Ink

The Guilt Trip

June 21, 2018
By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
678 articles 0 photos 8 comments

 The Guilt Trip is a movie about a man named Andy Brewster, played by Seth Rogen, who plays on going on a road trip to sell his cleaning product. Before he leaves, he decides to pay a visit to his mother, but this proves to be a grave mistake. Andy is then pressured into taking his mom with him on the trip. As they begin the road trip, Andy feels nothing but aggravation and anger towards his mom. However, as the trip goes on, Andy learns that him and his mother are more alike than different, and her guidance might actually be helpful. 


 The movie is hilarious, the ending is good, and Seth Rogen is fantastic, but the rest is lackluster. The plot is somewhat predictable, except for a few moments, This movie is a pretty good family-friendly movie, but it doesn't have that much to offer. The combination of the son and mother is done pretty well, but this movie is just not that appealing. It isn't an absolute must-see, but if you do see it, you will probably be satisfied but not amazed.


The author's comments:

Seth Rogen is fantastic, but the movie just doesn't have that much to offer.