The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart | Teen Ink

The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart

May 25, 2018
By Chancellor_Bishop_III BRONZE, Monroe, Wisconsin
Chancellor_Bishop_III BRONZE, Monroe, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

In The Mysterious Benedict society a newspaper reads "Are you a gifted child looking for special opportunities?”. Reynie, the future ringleader of the group thinks he is and convinces the orphanage director to take him to the test that the newspaper ad had told him about. Three other children pass the test and are put into a group afterwards. These three consist of, constance, kate and sticky. Along with these children reynie meets the narcoleptic and mysterious Mr.Benedict. Next, the children go through multiple test that test each of their strengths and ensure they are good for their mission; there mission of course, is saving the world.

 

In order to do this they are sent to a boarding school on an island, The Learning Institute for the Very Enlightened, to research the evil mastermind, ledroptha curtain. They soon discover his plans to a mind controlling device that is the cause as to why no one leaves the island. They then try to stop him but he seems to thought of everything and seems impossible for such a feet, let alone with a squad of twelve year olds. They get word of a machine that is called the whisperer that students hook up too and curtain transmits messages into to make them feel good.


Next, curtain plans to amplify these messages so that they don't need to be hooked up to the whisperer, thuis meaning he transmit to anyone at anytime. Reynie and sticky poison the lunch line so everyone but them is sick. They get called to the whisperer and have to defeat curtain at his own game while constance and kate have to fight guards to infiltrate the tower. It end with many climaxes and a twisted end that leaves you wanting more.