Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling | Teen Ink

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

September 22, 2017
By Anonymous

One of  the strongest attributes of the book would have to be the wonderful characterization J.K. Rowling was able to portray regarding the main characters, such as when malfoy said things like “‘Yes,exactly. I heard he’s a sort of savage’” (Rowling 78).      when being first shown Hagrid. Also when saying “‘You’ll soon find out some wizarding families are much better than other, Potter. You don’t want to go making friends with the wrong sort’” (Rowling 108). These lines helped established from the start from that Malfoy would have a snobby attitude, and how his personality would contrast greatly harry’s. .She was able to create a vivid image of the characters providing many details as to the characters personality’s allowing for an easy likeness to the main protagonists, and dislikeness to the antagonist.another strong point of the book was the way she was able to form the plot. Being able to set up a character to be the main antagonist only to deliver a plot twist, but still making the plot not too confusing for  young readers. And being able to tie up all loose ends nicely. The only “shortcoming”  I could find which isn't even that big was that the main theme of the book was cliche having a theme of good triumphing over evil, and although it is overplayed in my opinion this was one of the best executions of it. I would recommend this to young readers as it is not a hard read and will keep you entertained but i'm sure people of any age and interest could pick up this book, enjoy it, and be left wanting more which is another swell feature of this book. Once you get done you will want to get the second book to read immediately.



JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.