End War by Tom Clancy | Teen Ink

End War by Tom Clancy

February 25, 2009
By Beneaththeskyfan1 GOLD, Sherman, Illinois
Beneaththeskyfan1 GOLD, Sherman, Illinois
19 articles 0 photos 1 comment

The title of this book is 'Tom Clancy's Endwar' by David Michaels. This book is about World War 3. When a Russian colonel, Pavel Doletskaya is captured for an interrogation and the questions that keep coming up in his interrogation are 'What is Operation 2659?' and 'Who is Snegurochka?'
This story took place around 2019 to 2021 and in the United States, Canada, and Russia. The significance of this setting is that Russian forces attack both Canada and the United States and also the United States attack Russia.
There are a lot of characters in this story. I'm going to name off just the characters that I think have the most importance. There's David Becerra-president of the U.S. and Joint Strike Force (JSF), Major Alice Dennison-JSF Tactical Operations Specialist, Nathan Vatz-Team sergeant for the JSF ODA Special Forces unit, Staff Sergeant Raymond McAllen-Force Recon Team Leader, Stephanie Halverson-Major of the F-35 Detachment of the United States Air Force, Staff Sergeant Marc Rakken-Staff Sergeant of the Stryker Brigade Combat Team, Commander Jonathan Andreas-Commander of the USS Florida, Admiral Donald Stanton-Commander, Pacific Fleet (COMPACFLT) of the JSF Navy High Command, Vsevolod Vsevolodovich Kapalkin-President of the Russian Federation (RF), General Sergei Isotov-Director of the Glavnoje Razvedyvatel 'noje Upravlenije(GRU); with the RF, Colonel Pavel Doletskaya-Holds secret information of the plans for the GRU; with the RF, Colonel Viktoria Antsyforov-Traitor to the GRU who fakes her death and partners herself with the Green Brigade Transnational (GBT), Amadou Bankole-General of the European Federation (EF) Enforcers Corps, Robert Emerson-Canadian Prime Minister, and Green Vox (Symbolic Head of the GBT). These characters are just ordinary everyday people who fight in a war which if you're not killed in you are very lucky.
Nathan Vatz and his 12 man team are on a recon mission in Russia to capture Colonel Pavel Doletskaya, but Vatz's best friend Zack dies when confronted with 2 Russians during the mission. When Doletskaya is interviewed he never says a word, but later when he finds out that the JSF received the answers to those 2 questions: 'What is Operation 2659' and 'Who is Snegurochka?' he knew he had just given the most important information that he carried to the enemy. I believe that this plot is very believable and actually happens in wars today.
This book was one of the best books that I have ever read. It just catches your attention and it's impossible to put it down. Any body who likes war, fiction, or science fiction would love this book.